DR600/ DR750 FAKEY TRACKER - "THE PETRONASTY"

Re: DR600/ DR750 FLAKY TRACKER - "THE FLAKER"

zap2504 said:
I like that VA Yamaha (looks like a 550 Maxim converted to wire wheels and dual front disks). Any idea what tank they used on it?

I'm seeing Xarly 2mrw... i'll ask him... i have a feeling it was "find" possibly an 80's bultaco or ossa.

zap2504 said:
I like that VA Yamaha (looks like a 550 Maxim converted to wire wheels and dual front disks). Any idea what tank they used on it?

I checked... its an unknown tank picked up at a flea market.. but apparently from a moped!

plans for the seat..

Attachments

• IMG_20141223_141654 (3).jpg
    IMG_20141223_141654 (3).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 385
  • monkee_seat.jpg
    monkee_seat.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,432

I'm loving this build. Giving me great inspiration for my next build. That will be right after I finish the deck for my wife. Following keenly!

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

Rustyhama said:
I'm loving this build. Giving me great inspiration for my next build. That will be right after I finish the deck for my wife. Following keenly!

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

cheers... ah "the wife"! i'm fitting all this bike building in around tiling the hallway and plumbing the downstairs wc... ha ha ha

Its been soooooooooo long since i had a chance to work on the bike... i got a promotion at work which while emans more $$$ it means less time.. what with that and only having sundays to work on it.. its taking ages. things have settled down now at work though so back on the case!

here-s the seat back from the cover maker! guy did a great job! and only 80 euros!!!

PLEASE NOTE THE SIDE PANEL WAS JUST A WAY TO TEST SOME NEW TOOLS!! ITS COMIN OFF!!!

www.vintageaddictioncrew.com

Attachments

• IMG-20150318-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20150318-WA0001.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG-20150318-WA0000 (1).jpg
    IMG-20150318-WA0000 (1).jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 365

Seat looks great, and it's truly refreshing to see a flat styled seat that actually looks like it has some foam in it. Looks like it should be nice and comfy. Guy did a nice job.

Tim said:
Seat looks great, and it's truly refreshing to see a flat styled seat that actually looks like it has some foam in it. Looks like it should be nice and comfy. Guy did a nice job.

cheers Tim. the seat guy did an excellent job... stoked.
And yeah i didnt want to sacrifice comfort for "style", after all I plan to actually ride this bike for more than a trip to the shops.
all i need now is to approach the problem of the weird looking join where the seat, tank and frame meet... obviously the side panel is coming off (it was just a piece we used to test some new tools)... i think i have found a solution by stealing (yes stealing) the idea below, from lemon motorcycles http://lemonmotorcycles.com/motos/ in barcelona

Attachments

• junction solution.jpg
    junction solution.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,063

The seat came out awesome!!! I like the side plates, Why do you want to get rid of them? Did you make a pair or just one?
Cafe con Leche sin Nata.

Habanero52 said:
The seat came out awesome!!! I like the side plates, Why do you want to get rid of them? Did you make a pair or just one?
Cafe con Leche sin Nata.

.. praps your right... I think we'll put the side plates back on.. but with more considered approach to the holes we cut.. this first go round was just on a bit of scrap to test the new tooling... i think with some smaller holes could look quite good.

Thinking ahead we may have to cut or mod the airbox to get the dual pipes in! (see pic below)

so now for the trick rear end... the usual problems of where to put the stop light , blinkers and the bloody bastard licence plate.. which is kinda big in spain.. (although i can go for a slightly smaller size than standard due to the bikes age and pre-regulation standards.)

here's a couple of ideas...

1) single muffler... kinda clean looking but maybe clearance issues with the exhaust.. probably the simplest way forward.

2) cooler lookin.. but even form the sketch i'm not sure about licence plate positions...

Either way we have two NX DOMI pipes lying around in the garage to play with.. similar cc so we should be good til we dial it all nice.

Attachments

• IMG_20150322_235502.jpg
    IMG_20150322_235502.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 347
  • IMG_20150323_123821.jpg
    IMG_20150323_123821.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 327

MILKY said:
.. praps your right... I think we'll put the side plates back on.. but with more considered approach to the holes we cut.. this first hgo round was just on a bit of scrap to text the new tooling... i think with some smaller holes could look quite good.

Thinking ahead we may have to cut or mod the airbox to get the dual pipes in! (see pic below)

I agree.

bit of a plug here.... sorry...

Really stoked to have been chosen as a Brand Ambassador for Brave Star Selvage the first premium, all selvage ‘Made in the USA’ denim brand.

They offer denim direct to the public.. no middle man keeping prices low and quality high... My first duty as an ambassador is to enter (and win!).. the Middle Weight Division Denim World Championship 2015... you can follow my progress both here: https://www.facebook.com/Garage.Artists.MC and on: http://bravestarselvage.com/

Wish me luck...

Attachments

• 3x2_slimstraight.jpg
    3x2_slimstraight.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 912

Maritime said:
Wranglers are 19.99 at Wal-Mart.

No room in the crotch and the blue gives me bumps and those are rustlers Wranglers are up there with Levis

Tune-A-Fish said:
No room in the crotch and the blue gives me bumps and those are rustlers Wranglers are up there with Levis

Not here in Maine, they sell the full blown Wranglers and some Levis for 19.99. In Canada the wranglers are 50 and the Levis are 75-100. I don't shop in Canada for jeans. We get ripped off. I drive the 15 mins to Maine and get em cheap LOL. Sorry for the Jack Milky, I can't spend $$ on fashion, never have never will I get name brands from Good will or forget it.

Maritime said:
Not here in Maine, they sell the full blown Wranglers and some Levis for 19.99. In Canada the wranglers are 50 and the Levis are 75-100. I don't shop in Canada for jeans. We get ripped off. I drive the 15 mins to Maine and get em cheap LOL. Sorry for the Jack Milky, I can't spend $$ on fashion, never have never will I get name brands from Good will or forget it.

oh man.. i opened a can of denim devils here!... well these jeans are 100% american made for one thing (unlike levis or wrangler etc etc).. and they come in 14 to 16oz denim selvage... they should last you a lifetime... this isn't all about fashion its about well made, handmade, us made, quality jeans

right back to bikes... ?

I hear ya and would buy USA for everything if I could afford to, but nobody can afford to increase cost by 200 percent in a household.

I also am in manufacturing and we are in the works to start a "portion" of our production here at home for QA/QC purposes, also self serving to market to GSA. The cost of logistics, real estate, equipment, insurance, EPA, UL, HCA, labor and taxes... or to sum it up the "cost of doing business in America" is so high Americans cant afford the products if produced here. Grandpa sold US out to China. Well maybe not yours or mine, but you get the gist.

Inflation/Deflation and yes... Back to Cycles before I get scolded for derailing the subject matter.

Tune-A-Fish said:
I hear ya and would buy USA for everything if I could afford to, but nobody can afford to increase cost by 200 percent in a household.

I also am in manufacturing and we are in the works to start a "portion" of our production here at home for QA/QC purposes, also self serving to market to GSA. The cost of logistics, real estate, equipment, insurance, EPA, UL, HCA, labor and taxes... or to sum it up the "cost of doing business in America" is so high Americans cant afford the products if produced here. Grandpa sold US out to China. Well maybe not yours or mine, but you get the gist.

Inflation/Deflation and yes... Back to Cycles before I get scolded for derailing the subject matter.

Death and Taxes. We sold out to japan back in the day... now I ride their bikes! Maybe one way is to to move to a sate like nevada or wyoming or texas with low or even zero taxes...

anyhooo... back to my rice burner..

Back
Top Bottom