• hicks2.JPG
    hicks2.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 439
Best. Headline. Ever.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 1.22.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 1.22.26 PM.png
    240.3 KB · Views: 569
And it's official. Sanders announced it in answer to a question yesterday - much to Donnie Bone Spur's chagrin. Get set for a whole lot of smoke and noise from the WH over the next few days to distract journos from that story

teazer said:
Get set for a whole lot of smoke and noise from the WH over the next few days to distract journos from that story

This is probably going to get very messy …

Attachments

• tariff.JPG
    tariff.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 161
stroker crazy said:
This is probably going to get very messy …

Ya think? It will cost the US billions in rising costs and lost employment. Many companies import steel and machine it or roll it to sell in the US. a 25% tariff either moves production to Canada or more likely just eliminates the local US manufacturing base that makes bearings, shafts etc. For the rest of us it raises costs of cars and white goods etc so it may also become more economical to import the finished product.

But the whole thing was simply a diversion to make sure that no one talked about the TPP that was signed by 11 countries - no USA to improve trade between themselves and the US is excluded because the Moron in Chief thinks he can do better deals than anyone else on the planet and completely missed the point of TPP which was designed (not well I might add) to reign in China and increase sales of US goods and services.

Never mind, we can eat "beautiful clean coal" while China has a plan to dominate new technologies. Makes you wonder.

Re: "the Mooch"

teazer said:
Ya think? It will cost the US billions in rising costs and lost employment. Many companies import steel and machine it or roll it to sell in the US. a 25% tariff either moves production to Canada or more likely just eliminates the local US manufacturing base that makes bearings, shafts etc. For the rest of us it raises costs of cars and white goods etc so it may also become more economical to import the finished product.

But the whole thing was simply a diversion to make sure that no one talked about the TPP that was signed by 11 countries - no USA to improve trade between themselves and the US is excluded because the Moron in Chief thinks he can do better deals than anyone else on the planet and completely missed the point of TPP which was designed (not well I might add) to reign in China and increase sales of US goods and services.

Never mind, we can eat "beautiful clean coal" while China has a plan to dominate new technologies. Makes you wonder.

Actually it might not be that bad, they just need to ship it to mexico or canada first, then send it to US, plus a lot of it already gets bought from canada and mexico doesn’t it?

stroker crazy said:
Neither the Chinese or the Europeans are likely to just sit on their hands …

Crazy

I don’t expect anybody to sit on their hands. Least of all the American corporations who stand to lose millions from this.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of political sea change occurs next in the US, and how quickly the next person will be able to reverse these policies.

farmer92 said:
Actually it might not be that bad, they just need to ship it to mexico or canada first, then send it to US, plus a lot of it already gets bought from canada and mexico doesn’t it?
The majority of our imported metal comes from those two. China, we get something like 3% of our imports from.

I buy American made aluminum, no price changes thus far. We'll see if it's the same next week.

All the Chrome Moly tube I get comes from Germany and the Aluminum I bought a couple of weeks came from China. I was surprised that none of it came from the US.

Back
Top Bottom