Honda Xl250s tracker

deepwaterimports

Over 1,000 Posts
We have now got a obsession going on. Two weeks ago I was looking for a bike on like for a mate when I found a pair of xl250's for cheap. Offered him $100 for the one that resembled scrap metal and here we go.

This project is going to be a joint effort with my partner she is very keen to learn how to ride so I figure what better then a old bullitt proof Honda.

9una2uma.jpg
u3u4uza6.jpg
raza2yra.jpg
apatazap.jpg

Sweet I'm in to see this build! I'm building a 76 xl250 as well, I want to make a thread but haven't figure out how to upload pictures (it makes it funnier that I am a jet intermediate electrician, and I can't upload pictures on the web)

Looks a lot like the XT that I'm building for my wife, next weekend I have to tackle the stripped header bolts, at least you don't have to worry about those ;)

Cheers
Steve

don't jinx me mate i have a mammoth job ahead of me the engine is seized so she needs a full re build. ill be riding the cb200 to throttle roll so ill have to say hi and check out your cx then.

Sounds good, it'll be in the street this year but ask around, someone should be able to point you my way :)

Cheers
Steve

Woops forgot to show you guys the seat we have ordered.
tapazequ.jpg

Also thought I should put up a pic of the better half especially as this will be her bike.

yre2y8y5.jpg

Sweet, just subscribed. Picked one up myself this past weekend but can't start in on it until late June. Will be following along with your progress.

Rider must be tiny, that's a really tight fit - but if she can sit comfy that close, it looks good with the tank.

That looks like the first bike I had back in the mid-'70s. I remember that i had to replace an internal gear twice because the kick starter knocked the teeth off it. But also remember a 300 mile camping trip and several way-off-road excursions I had with my best friend (he had a matching XL250).

Back
Top Bottom