Steampunk + Motorcycle

CresentSon

Over 1,000 Posts
My build has taken a somewhat steampunk turn, and although I am finding a lot of ideas and images, I am not finding alot of inspiring motorcycle images.

So, what do you guys have. I know somebody has that pic that will cause the heavens to part, and insipration to flow out like beams of enlightenment. Troybilt hit me with this gem:

http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=8640.msg116196#msg116196

Let out your closet steampunk, and let me see what you've got.

steampunk_trike.jpg

Thanks Force. Everything I find is either neo-victorian like these, or way detailed steampowered machines. I did find some subtle elements at sillof.com. The guy did a buch of steampunk Star Wars action figures. I want a 3/4 lid with Darth Vadar's mask.

Diesel'punk - n. a new world of baddassness that I had never known, but always dreampt of.

Googled it. Ohhhhh yeah.

If your interested in the staempunk style you HAVE to see the movie "City of Lost Children". Its a french film, starring Ron Pearlman (Hellboy, which also has some very cool Steampunk imagery, and Sons of Anarchy). Its one of my absolut favorite flicks and is Steampunk through and through...
Goggles:
atomefabriksteampunkgoggles.jpg

Girls:
Steampunk_Girl_09.jpg

Guns:
steampunk_gun1.jpg

And bikes...
nsu2000.jpg

spbike.jpg

steampunk-motorcycle-by-choi-minsoo.jpg

not hardcore steam punk but it kind of has that rawness. I have a few others I'll look up
shinyaboylecomm.jpg

steampunk, yeeaah! found this pic in some thread here a while back. probably not Steampunk Proper, but I get that general vibe from it.
ManchacaMotoClassicpics023.jpg

arsey said:
steampunk, yeeaah! found this pic in some thread here a while back. probably not Steampunk Proper, but I get that general vibe from it.
ManchacaMotoClassicpics023.jpg

It has something doen't it. I do not know if it is art, but I like it.

troybilt said:
not hardcore steam punk but it kind of has that rawness. I have a few others I'll look up
shinyaboylecomm.jpg

This is getting into an awesome vein.

My 750 won't end up being diesel/steampunk proper either, but I have picked up on some elements that I want to massage in. Some form of tough rear fender with a chucky looking brace, a custom dash with some etching/scroll work and trick switches, maybe an old school aluminum tube gas gauge.

I'm not gonna attatch a bunch of asthetically pleasing dead weight. Form Follows Function on this thing. Might do some fighter style chopping of the sprocket cover to reveal some mechanics. I am also seeing alot of rivets, ie.:

715ajitotuzikaze1.jpg

I might even do light etching to the motor bits to make it look like rosie the riviter built the cases.

I can't thank you guys enough, I am really feeling this.

Back
Top Bottom