DO THE TON - Barber Vintage Festival - Alabama October 7-8-9 2011

Re: DO THE TON - Alabama October 2011

Kanticoy said:
Well you guys know I'm in. Obviously. All of you who know who you are, get in touch by phone, email, pm or morse code....gonna plan it right this time. Sincere blast I am sure...let's make it memorable!!!!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

have you received my telegram yet? :p

Something big is cooking folks - hang tight :) Going to be an awesome time.

Bringing the whole family. Planning to make a weekend out of it. Already planning it out so it doesn't sneak up on me again like last year.

Hey guys,

I'm glad to hear all that are attending. I was there last year, but I didn't know about this forum. :( Mrs. Irishguy and I will both be there this year too. We only live a few mies away, so if anyone needs anything or I can help with arrangements, let me know. I am looking forward to seeing everyone this year.

Tim said:
Something big is cooking folks - hang tight :) Going to be an awesome time.

Yeah? Any hints what sort of awesomeness awaits? I was kinda thinkin it would be cool if there was sort of a dtt meet up there. I see a literal "ton" of us will be attending this year.

14 hour drive/ride?

Yikes I'd have to take off an extra week just in travel time.

9 hour ride for me from NC. I already took some time off work so I can start travelling thursday night prior to the event. I will talk with the local Triangle DTT crew here in NC and see who else can go.

Another couple nc dtt's are in. And the families are coming too. Got the hotel booked last night!

Edit: never been to birmingham before, but the map says its a little over 5 hours from the hendersonville area. Can anyone confirm that?

Well I am looking at the logistics to make this, It will be an 1800-2000 mile one way ride fro me. With the things I need fro the bike to make the trip and gas, food etc. I am at about a grand. I currently have none of that $$, so I am starting to save and looking at ebaying off some un-needed parts and stuff. Good news is I should have no issues with time off. I think I will try to make it to Pittsburgh and ride down with the crew from there, I get in touch closer to the date with everybody once I know if I can make it. I do have a thought about possibley taking the truck and driving part way then unloading the bike and riding after that. We'll see. Goal is to get the bike ready (tires, timing belts, rear brakes SO FAR) then hopefully make Mods Rockers in PA then barbar's, but if I can only make one I thin Barbars will be the choice. Hope my eabay stuff sells off well so I can bank roll what I need.

When it gets closer, message me. I'll make sure you have a place to stay in the burgh and a garage for the bike.

I will be in Rome Ga, by that time so if there is a group coming from the Triangle they could probably stop off at my place for a night if need be.

I'll be there, and hopefully the freshly completed R5. Only a 2.5hr drive for me, lucky. Taking Friday off and Monday to recuperate, 8)

VonYinzer said:
Ill be there, and hopefully drunk... I mean... Whatever.

If you're here, the beer fume fog will quickly inebriate you as you drive up my driveway. It is 6.5 miles to Barber's from my mailbox. And yes, Waffle House is between the two.

Ha! Waffle house...

I dont eat.

Eating makes me sick...

NAME THE MOVIE.

I talked to the Mrs about Bama- said since the Tenn GTG isn't in our plans I really want to make it to Barbers. Fingers crossed.......

Okay, just for the record...if the crew that is starting to accumulate here actually makes it to this thing this year....this will be the best Vintage fest of all time!!!!

DO IT!

I'm working the details on my end - might be hauling a friend along with me and a couple bikes. Will probably truck it again so I can bring the XS (SR if done) and not worry about the cold ride home.

Back
Top Bottom