JULY 2012 - MID OHIO AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days

My scoot had to be done by spring so I can meet my brother and pops down there - this was our last chance to do it before my folks moved from PA back home to CO.

I'll watch this thread for meetup info, will make sure to put my DTT patch on something or pick up a tshirt before I head down.

Going to get the '69 mini trail tuned up for my pit bike this year. I can't wait. 8)

I was there last year. It was awesome! I want to make it this year, we'll see. My wife's due date is July 12th so it will depend on how that goes. Do any of you guys go to the flat track at the fairgrounds Friday night? We went last year and it was A great time.

I have a friend that races a rigid, brakless 500 twin Triumph there every year. One of these years I'm going to dig out my old flat tracker and go racing there......If my wife lets me.

It's a big place, is there going to be a designated DTT location? Last year they had the 'cafe' tent on the infield grassy area on the opposite side of the track from the pit area.

Theres been talk of one I believe. You'll hear my bike before ya see it, but at Mid Ohio thats the norm. Haha... Ill be rocking a DTT t-shirt so Ill be easy to spot or avoid depending on your opinion of me. Ha!

lol- will look you up. I'll be on my black Thruxton Friday and then probably pull a few bikes up Saturday . . . we'll see.

If I ride all the way up, I will be on my GS. If I take the car, I will have my DT250 in the back. that or my 400f.

I will probably wear a DTt shirt or two myself.

This year, the marquee event is a mods vs rockers show. It should be a good time.

At this point it's looking like an 'informal' gathering, i.e. no DTT booth. Which in some ways is not a bad thing - you guys are the real representation, not me standing at a booth :) Frees me up to enjoy the show and spend time with friends too.

So make sure you wear plenty of DTT shirts / patches etc. so we strike fear into the masses.

Got the ok to go from the wife and spoke with Justin about meeting up to ride with him and Dock and who ever else is going. Planning routes tomorrow. Just got a txt from justin. Brb

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

i am an ohioan and have been wanting to go for years. I hope i can get my 72 350 up and rolling by then otherwise i will ride the magna.

If anyone from cleveland area is heading down i would love to meet up and do a ride down lets get it together.

Time off approved, good to go baring mechanical failures to the GL which after all the work should not happen!

axeugene27 said:
If anyone from cleveland area is heading down i would love to meet up and do a ride down lets get it together.

I'll be riding down from the west side, probably Friday and Saturday. Definitely up for riding together. Any others interested?

Matt

sounds good man we will have to work out a meeting spot in the morning also have to map out a good ride down. I would like to avoid highways if we can. I will start a new thread in the ohio dtt section to drum up some interest. Would be cool to roll hard into the event with a strong pack of bikes.

Back
Top Bottom