JULY 2012 - MID OHIO AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days

Was a great weekend! First time I actually was not working for the track and could actually enjoy and see the event!

Met the guys from Cincy Cafe and Cleveland Cafe. Some at the mods and rockers tent, and other at the bonfire saturday night.

Sold my '78 CB5504K and bought a '74 RD350.

Had a super time at Mid-Ohio again this year! 8) The Mongrel ran like a champ! ;) :D

It was especially cool to actually get to meet some of you lunatics! :D

We met up at 1pm on Saturday and I didn't get any pics, but my buddy Jim (Pipewelder on other forums) did, so I'll post 'em when I get them from him! :)

The hand shakes were coming fast and my memory for names is really poor, but it was great to meet BradJ, Justin, Maritime, Nosepick (later on) and so many more! There is another group pic that Jim took! I'll get it up asap! ;D I trust we'll figure out who's who! :eek: ;D

Cafe Fabrications would like to thank everyone who came out to Mid Ohio and supported our bike. We were very humbled to take home Best in Show and most importantly Peoples Choice Award. Our personal vote was for the Vincent with the Blue tank. But nonetheless thank's to all who voted we were very surprised and delighted.

MidOhio.jpg

Keep watching for our CB350 4 build. Some may have seen it at our booth.

grant salter / jesse greening
www.cafefabrications.com

I looked over that way several times while standing in/out of the Cafe tent trying to see if you all had gathered at 1:00 Sat. . . . would have rather met you folks.

Ended it up being a great place to meet had some shade ,pisser,food,and the track over near thunder valley ! Was very cool to meet alot of the DTT guys and there rides.

diesel450 said:
Hey! Who had those two Kawi triples? They were staying at the same hotel as us!

... and u didn't come by for a beer?? :eek: Outrageous!! :eek:

:D :D

It was like triple palooza up there, never seen so many in my life. Did the blue triple belong to somebody on here? Had a two up seat and exhaust came to one side of the bike. That was my favorite.

Yamatech said:
It was like triple palooza up there, never seen so many in my life. Did the blue triple belong to somebody on here? Had a two up seat and exhaust came to one side of the bike. That was my favorite.

No, that one is not on DTT. That one is another triple put together by the mechanic at Johnny's Vintage Motorcycles. It's ridiculous!! Many, many custom bits and pieces! 8) The exhaust is a 3 into 3 that all exit on the right side. Really nicely done. :D

I was glad to spend a few minutes with DreadRock, VonYinzer, Maritime, BradJ, and JustinLonghorn. I've been going there since my boys were about 8 or so. We've missed a couple years here and there. But since the boys are grown (16 & 19) and have their own bikes, we'll be making it an annual boys trip. We got to do the parade lap, which they thought was the best part of the weekend. Looking forward to next year!

It would be nice to have a bigger presence there next year for DTT guys. I'll have to get a tee. Make a DTT banner (like the BOTM) showing the time and place to meet (& greet) just prior. Maybe get a spot at the swap meet, park a few bikes, sell a few parts, get a couple free tent spots, etc. BBQ lunch at the nearby park, group ride, etc... Just a few ideas. It sounds like a lot of us were there but didn't get to see everyone.

eyhonda said:
It would be nice to have a bigger presence there next year for DTT guys. I'll have to get a tee. Make a DTT banner (like the BOTM) showing the time and place to meet (& greet) just prior. Maybe get a spot at the swap meet, park a few bikes, sell a few parts, get a couple free tent spots, etc. BBQ lunch at the nearby park, group ride, etc... Just a few ideas. It sounds like a lot of us were there but didn't get to see everyone.

Right on, I was hoping to see some dtt tents or banners. Was looking forward to meeting a lot of you guys and shooting the shit. I would definitely be in for a group ride, There's always next year.....

Back
Top Bottom