240z and 300zx

yeh i might get a set of them in the future but first i want to get the motor in and the inertia sorted ;D

Heyyyy!!! Time for an update.I have installed the dash but first i had to replace the heater core. As you can see the old one was a bit rusty
IMG_1675.jpg

then i installed the dash (Still have things to do before it is finished)
IMG_1694.jpg

I ordered some ebay special seat skins and slipped them over some seats i got from Roberto. I am 95% happy with the fit. But then i can remeber roberto saying he had some extra foam added to the seat base so that might have made a difference to the fit
IMG_1691.jpg

Now i am in the middle of prepping the engine to be fitted to the car. I currently have it stripped to bare block and head. I am replacing the timing belt and water pump while i am at it. I cant wait to get the engine sitting in the bay so It stops looking like a 4WD.
IMG_1710.jpg

IMG_1731.jpg

Holey shit Dude... All this time I thought you were in the states, Now I saw what side the steering wheel is on... :-[
It's a Z from Down-under!

yeh man but unfortunately all the good parts for the zee as you call them up there are in the states.

I thought i would dedicate this weekend to my 240 so i managed to get a fair bit done. I finaly got the engine in so it is now very close But first i have a major hurdle in the wireing of the rb, This has been my bigest fear of the whole build so i will be asking a few questions if i get stuck.
Any way here are some pics

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1786.jpg

I had rely hoped that it would have sit lower with the engine in, I hope the king spring lows will settle down a bit after a while
IMG_1785.jpg

yeh man it now runs but still needs some work before it hits the road
931_10151277485058706_345031995_n.jpg

483527_10151277487058706_815112077_n.jpg

this is a vider of its first start up. It wasnt running quite right due to a bad ecu conection, it is all good now though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDNrJXExC1c

for now it has heavy duty 3" lower king springs, bit i have plans to fit Arizona z car adjustable swing arms and coil overs.
I now have it registered and am waiting for a dyno tune, then it is all systems go for some cruzing through the hills. here is my new fav picture

IMG_2737_zpsba222a6a.jpg

mate that is one of the nicest looking zeds ive ever seen....

well done...
dont ever sell it

I was planing on handing this down to my kids when I go. But I guess every thing is for sale at a price. My price qod not be cheep ;D

Back
Top Bottom