Post a pic of your latest purchase

deviant said:
1979 XT250.
I had the identical bike about 30 years ago. My first monoshocker. Nice bike.

359838956.jpg

I remember all the clowns & punks trying to climb the flood dam, falling on thier butts and trashing their bikes. It was a good 45 degree angle, about 80' to the top. I was doing it with one hand, floating the front wheel. Effortless.

I technically "bought it for my wyfe", because I ALREADY HAD a dirt bike (Bultaco 250 Pursang)

359839333.jpg

doc_rot said:
I'm going to hot rod this sleepy motor. should be interesting because there is little aftermarket support, can't even get pistons.

No doubt. There is not a huge aftermarket for performance stuff on these motors.

deviant said:
Finally made the swap with hurco-

1979 XT250. The suspension on this bike is cool as hell. Comes with a stripped spark plug hole, dented tank and a few hundred miles on the clock. I'm really hoping this will be easy to get on the road...

4daa4a1b7515b2d62a84529ea68f7ef4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
That thing looks like a giant turd. Glad it's not in my garage.... bummer E didn't have a helicoil or we could have been ripping it at meltdown haha

hurco550 said:
That thing looks like a giant turd. Glad it's not in my garage.... bummer E didn't have a helicoil or we could have been ripping it at meltdown haha
Hahaha. Really is a bummer. It might've gotten me to the event with less stress. LOL

deviant said:
Hahaha. Really is a bummer. It might've gotten me to the event with less stress. LOL
Lol maybe it will be ready for next year. I'd like to see it on the road again

doc_rot said:
I'm going to hot rod this sleepy motor. should be interesting because there is little aftermarket support, can't even get pistons.

Nice! I've got a KZ750G that I just got running again to be my daily driver. Doing a build thread or similar to show what you do to it? Would be pretty cool to see some love for these large twin Kawi lumps.

As per usual, less a "purchase" and more a trade...

Good old RD350 from BradJ in exchange for a pile of Suzuki smoker I recently acquired from a buddy at work.

The RD needs a LOT of work but now that the Mrs and I bought a house with a huuuge garage, meaning I actually have my own workspace and all my tools together in one spot, it should go pretty smoothly.

End game is a "period" 70s street racer. Mostly stock appearance, little bit of go fast, lots of blue smoke. :)

Attachments

• IMG_23311.jpg
    IMG_23311.jpg
    803.9 KB · Views: 197
LOL I seem to remember a post on the book of faces about some barn finds should stay in a barn.........;D Congrats Von, should be fun when done.

Maritime said:
LOL I seem to remember a post on the book of faces about some barn finds should stay in a barn.........;D Congrats Von, should be fun when done.

Yeah... That's the one. Lol.

All the important stuff, minus a cylinder and pistons, is there. It's a great base for a mild custom job. A resto would be a bitch, but that's not the end game.

Ill rip the picture off the build thread that's already going here on dtt, and show ya a pic of the "pile o smoker" that I traded deviant the xt250 for. Build thread possibly to come, and I may be in the market for a complete running 380 lump if anyone has one =)

1973 Suzuki gt380

974a11b3ffe63fe5fc16de2ff856cd19.jpg

Back
Top Bottom