1975 Honda CB360T

And 360 frames are better than 350 frames.

Also, the engines have fantastic potential (read: they sucked from the factory and you can improve them a lot).

Sonreir said:
And 360 frames are better than 350 frames.

Also, the engines have fantastic potential (read: they sucked from the factory and you can improve them a lot).

I dunno, the twin downtube sl350 frams are nice

Does anyone have thoughts on doing a gsxr front end on the 360? I have the opportunity to purchase a 750 front end from 2001 for $200.

You've hit gold. This forum might as well be known as "The cb360 Builders Guide". All the dudes that have commented know everything about these things.

irk miller said:
I prefer to totally build them without paint, then ride them for three years and never paint them because I don’t feel like taking them apart again, then get bored with what I did and chop them up again into a totally different bike.

I prefer to build them and paint them, then the next year change a bunch shit, and paint them again, Repeat...over and over and ov...

BTW...I think Piglet would look awesome in red.

I still have gas leaking in small drips from the hose. Not sure if it’s a size too small, clamped too low/tight, or not high enough on the nozzle...I’ve tried to position the hose higher, changed the clamp position, etc. Back to the drawing board...

Attachments

• C7763BF7-66D8-4C0F-B872-45146AEA2F27.jpeg
    C7763BF7-66D8-4C0F-B872-45146AEA2F27.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 230
It may be the brass nipple falling out of the carb body. Compare its length to the other carb. And push it back in, if need be.

Most of my bikes dont even have clamps on the fuel lines.

So...I filled the tank with a little gas, since it was practically empty, and it spilled out of the nozzle profusely. When looking at the left and right carb nozzles they appear to be at similar/same heights. I ran out of time to address the issue yesterday so I'll have to try again today. Maybe take a ruler to both nozzles and confirm they are equal. I tried Googling my issue and there really isn't anything out there as each article/video refers to the overflow line leaking - which is not what is occurring.

Is that new fuel line?

I swear by this stuff, use it on all my motorcycle: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Feet-Tygon-Fuel-Line-1-4-ID-X-3-8-OD-OEM-Saint-Gobain-Genuine-Tygon-F-4040-A/272474177442?hash=item3f70b9ffa2:g:5OsAAMXQVT9SzK-F

I use clips not the worm gear clamps.

It does appear to be a new 1/4" fuel line - same as the second carb - which is not leaking; It overflows right out of the top of the line like crazy.

DBerkshire said:
It does appear to be a new 1/4" fuel line - same as the second carb - which is not leaking; It overflows right out of the top of the line like crazy.

Is it new or appears to be new? Cut the top 1" off the top of the line and reinstall it. That FLAPS fuel line sometimes cracks at the ends where it slides over the brass barb. Make sure the clamp is snug. That brass barb should not loosen up.

trek97 said:
It may be the brass nipple falling out of the carb body. Compare its length to the other carb. And push it back in, if need be.

Most of my bikes dont even have clamps on the fuel lines.

not on my cb360 because I got brand spanking new pz30's for 34$ and new manifolds to fit for 10$ more. runs like a watch. just no way I was going to replace the worn out diaphragms on the stock carbs. swapped it out for new tech and never looked back

I'm not saying to get pz30's or change the manifold. If I were to do it again I wouldn't. works perfectly, but I'm a bootleg mikuni guy.

common for the brass nipple to leak. brass nipples do sometimes work loose, once you push it back into place wire it so it does not happen again. if that's the problem.

bracketmaker said:
not on my cb360 because I got brand spanking new pz30's for 34$ and new manifolds to fit for 10$ more. runs like a watch. just no way I was going to replace the worn out diaphragms on the stock carbs. swapped it out for new tech and never looked back

I'm not saying to get pz30's or change the manifold. If I were to do it again I wouldn't. works perfectly, but I'm a bootleg mikuni guy.

common for the brass nipple to leak. brass nipples do sometimes work loose, once you push it back into place wire it so it does not happen again. if that's the problem.
It would run better on VM28's. 30s are too big for this engine and intake size.

irk miller said:
It would run better on VM28's. 30s are too big for this engine and intake size.

pz30 an outside measurement, inside the carb narrows. it is the lifan 200-250 carb. it is not 30mm all the way through like the vm30, and it is slightly smaller than the vm28. it is not too big I did not make the number. pz30 is a bootleg honda number. seriously runs like a clock.

the reason I would not do it again is because I could have use a vm28 and kept the stock manifold. also it has a push button choke so no cables.

so many stories about peoples cb360's. mine was a flood bike. irene, not sandy. came with a free motor and 3 sets of broken carbs. 400$ po tamed it with a hacksaw and gave up. it's a dirtbag build. not a harley less than 1k$ ($600) and one winter. as soon as I get it out for the summer I'll start my own thread. Like I said before I'll post what works. I'm happy what I did, brand new cost less than the stock rebuild kit.

Not saying a 30mm can't be jetted to work. Just saying they run better with a VM28. Running like a clock is a pretty arbitrary descriptor. Throttle response, low end and high ends of the throttle are where the 28 shows better performance on this engine. We can point to a dozen 360 builds that say the same thing. I tested from VM26 to VM32 and probably 100 jetting variations between the 4 carbs for 2 different 360s and one bored 378. The best performance came out of the VM28. I ran one with stock carbs modded by CrazyPJ, and that bike had the best top end of any 360 I've run, with actual 1/4 mile speeds of 112mph.

So IRK, would you do the 28’s or CrazyPJ’s mod?

Also, cut the line a good 1-1/2 inch and it still leaks like crazy. Starting to feel dumb, haha.

Attachments

• B8B69D61-9D97-4538-9B03-2B4B5AE8CB19.jpeg
    B8B69D61-9D97-4538-9B03-2B4B5AE8CB19.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 229
Back
Top Bottom