2014 Harley Street 750!!

I'm just glad that they have mid-controls, that feet forward thing kills my back. We will go to the local dealership, and check one out.

rays650cafe said:
The speedometer probably reads in geological time. :D

That fast?!
Welcome to 1984 hardley ableson! ( GPz900, liquid cooled )
75-90 h.p.? Slightly better than your run of the mill 1980 KZ750LTD at 70 h.p.
Has anyone seen a 'made in the USA' sticker placed on a hardley from the factory?

Nebr_Rex said:
That fast?!
Welcome to 1984 hardley ableson! ( GPz900, liquid cooled )
75-90 h.p.? Slightly better than your run of the mill 1980 KZ750LTD at 70 h.p.
Has anyone seen a 'made in the USA' sticker placed on a hardley from the factory?

Sure as fuck wont see one on that copy cat KZ, and no...no "sticker's" saying made in USA on harleys. It's cast into the metal. You morons believe too much of the dribble you read in crap magazines. Get out and ride a Harley first, which I'm betting pretty much none of you have.

I think someone's had a rough holiday.
Take a chill pill amigo

I hate the holidays. Worst time of the year. It's all commercial bullshit. I'll admit I'm on edge...I probably do need to chill out, but when you poke the bear, the bear will snap back at ya. This crap of "everyone is entitled to their opinion, so long as it's the same as mine" is really fucking tiring. I know this isnt an overly Harley-friendly website, but c'mon assholes, I just posted something about a potentially exciting new model by one of the world's largest manufacturers. I think all the insecure dicks on this site need to chill the hell out.

Exactly,
You posted you opinion, you got opinions back.
Except when you posted yours no one got all pissed off and threw a hissy fit and started calling you names.

Seeing as you have no stake in the company there is no reason to get your feelings hurt that people don't like the brand.

I don't get butt hurt when brad makes fun of my Hondas.

Edit:
And all this coming from the guy who posted an entire thread about how much he hated someone's ss100

rays650cafe said:
When did they knock them down the first time? Sorry man, the fit and finish on the higher end models is good. The paint looks great on most models. But as far as going after the performance market, I don't think Harley is remotely interested. Look how they treated Eric Buell. If they wanted to go fast, they have more than enough capital both monetary, and in their engieering dept. to build a fast bike. But it's cheaper to sell a pretend lifestyle than engineer a vehicle that does something you aren't accustomed to doing. Just my opinion, I could be wrong. I often am, ask the wife. Happy holidays.

I'm with you on their treatment of EB. I think that was crap, and I'm so happy he's making a go AGAIN (what is this, like the 3rd or 4th time he's tried to start an MC company?). I do think you might be mistaken about Harley having a performance agenda. The MoCo has a strange way of doing things sometimes, but like everyone always says, they are all about the profit, right? How many sportbikes are running around this country? You don't think HD wants a slice of that action? They invested a gob of money in the VR program, and sadly it failed, but the R&D is there, and the introduction of these 2 bikes is another indicator or where they may be going. My 2 cents, but I'm looking at these things thinking of the customizing potential.
In response to the "pretend lifestyle" and SONICs comment that I have no stake in the company, well that's true, and yes, HD of today, like any company that sells products (which, if I'm not mistaken, is most of them), is too engrossed in the commercial aspects of their products, and for many people who have bought HDs in the last several years it is fake. I dont, as SONIC points out, have a personal stake in the MoCo, but I do have a personal stake in Harley Davidsons. I guess we really are that different. You guys degrading Harleys is like you're bitch-slapping my wife or my best friend. It is a lifestyle, a genuine one for me and my brothers, and the depth of feeling for that machine must, apparently, go beyond what any of you feel for your bikes, even though most of them are hand-crafted by you. I do the same thing with my Harley's...my bikes are friends, part of my family. I just assumed everyone here, supposedly being bike people, understood that.
As I've said from the beginning, I'm out of my element on this site. I guess more so than I thought. Dont think I can learn much here anyway except that people are the same where ever you go.

I think its a great idea for HD to do this.
toss that air filter, add a front fender...I really like this one.

HD_RevolutionX_custom-motorcycle_com_zps3fbcab7f.jpg

rays650cafe said:
When did they knock them down the first time? Sorry man, the fit and finish on the higher end models is good. The paint looks great on most models. But as far as going after the performance market, I don't think Harley is remotely interested. Look how they treated Eric Buell. If they wanted to go fast, they have more than enough capital both monetary, and in their engieering dept. to build a fast bike. But it's cheaper to sell a pretend lifestyle than engineer a vehicle that does something you aren't accustomed to doing. Just my opinion, I could be wrong. I often am, ask the wife. Happy holidays.

The "knock down" was when hardley whined to the government and had a tarriff placed on all 'imported' bikes
over 700cc back in the "80s.

Edit: also AMA flat track and NHRA drag racing.

One of the main reasons for hating on Harley I think is money or the lack of ;D if some of these opinionated young guns would take the time they put into there million posts :eek: and instead get a 2nd job they would find they could afford that Harley project they've lusted after for years 8)

rays650cafe said:
Chill pill, beer, doobie, class on taking critisism like a man. Whatever it takes.

(Whispers) "He's an angry elf!" Ha! Wound a bit to tight to be riding a bike, I'd say...

The comical thing is that guys will buy a metric, because they "can't afford a Harley," and they will spend $14,000 on a metric, when they could have gotten a used Harley for $10,000.

After owning 2 Buells (12R and 9R), I naturally have a love hate relationship with them. :-D I'm in line 4 born and bred, I guess...

One of my customers has a Buell. It's one of the most beautifully engineered machines I have ever ridden or worked on.

Every time I work on a Harley, it deepens my appreciation of them. Parts are very reasonably priced, and they are drop-dead easy to work on.

I can totally dismantle a Buell XB in an afternoon and put one together in the same time. It's simplicity is brilliant.

DrJ said:
Would like to be there when the first 20-something shows up with one at a Harley rally wearing a flannel shirt, repop glitter helmet, pair of Vans and a leather vest with a Sons of Anarchy patch.

I buy all my flannel shirts, repop glitter helmets and Vans at the HD Beautique, Um I mean HD dealship. Being I'm a 60s something on girls bike (Sporty) I guess it's OK.

IMG_0041 by yama_hammer, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom