How do I get a title?

yayuppp

Been Around the Block
I bought my motorcycle a handful of years ago from a craigslist ad in Texas for $100. Not running. No title. All I have is a bill of sale. I now live in Colorado (almost two years now). This is my first motorcycle. I don't have a motorcycle license, nor insurance for it, yet. I have been working on it and it is getting closer and closer to being able to ride. How do I make this legal?

if it is out of the computer, you may be able to file for a lost title,just tell them it belongs to you, you parked it years ago and lost the title
that's the way you do it in california

My PC800 was sold from somebody other than who was on the title. Vermont doesn't require titles for anything over 15 years. Cost $92 to register and receive plates. My CL350 cost about $50-70, lost title.

You want to be sure your state will allow transfer of ownership out of state and specifically from Vermont.

Colorado requires titles on everything. And filling for the the title is a pain, it only cost maybe $50 just a lot of steps and inspections. Look at the Colorado dmv site, rebuilders title is the easiest from what I hear. https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dmv/rebuilders-title. The other option is to do the inspection and pay an out of state title company to get you one.

Lots of factors on this one, year of bike the main one though. Just went though something similar at the NY DMV, call or stop in to your local DMV for the best info

Back
Top Bottom