100_2429.JPG
    1,019.1 KB · Views: 241
  • 100_2438.JPG
    100_2438.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 243
  • 100_2428.JPG
    100_2428.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 240
I've always been a fan of the triples, and have literally had a dozen or so. This was always my plan, but never got anywhere near this quality. Perfect bike, absolutely perfect...

Had the bike MOT done Saturday which it passed
but with an advisory.
1 of the front discs is warped so if I can't it skimmed I'll
have to think about some new ebc ones (very expensive)
Rode the bike for 25 miles everything seems fine

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    576.4 KB · Views: 233
How did you go about making the brackets for the rear sets? Is this a Special frame or standard XS750. I test fitted my rear sets where the passenger pegs went and they felt too high and too far back.

I cleaned and polished the carbs myself. I used carb cleaner and compressed air to clean the inside and petrol and a tooth brush for the outside. then polished the tops and bowls.
I used jet drills on the main jets which seems to have worked ok

I made a pattern for the rear brackets a had a fabrication company mill them with 10mm alloy
The frame is a standard SF model. A fair amount of grinding and some welding to remove all the unwanted brackets

Just stumble onto this build, thats an awesome job and love the tank. was it Holtworks or the Tankshop?

The tank was made by a engineering company in Colchester
called MCS
Not many tank manufactures would take on a bespoke tank, Mcs have made 4 for me now and their work is great

semmins said:
I cleaned and polished the carbs myself. I used carb cleaner and compressed air to clean the inside and petrol and a tooth brush for the outside. then polished the tops and bowls.
I used jet drills on the main jets which seems to have worked ok

You didn't replace the mains with bigger ones after putting on pods and that exhaust?

you should consider getting some pro photos and sending this build to Bike Exif to be featured on the website. This is among the best I've seen.

I just spotted a local XS850 triple with only 9000 original miles....hmmmmm....

caferay said:
you should consider getting some pro photos and sending this build to Bike Exif to be featured on the website. This is among the best I've seen.
x 2. Or at least some photos without autofocus picking up something in the background. Would love to see some decent shots of this bike as it looks beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom