Newer model carbs.

Green199

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
Hey guys,

I was doing some standard internet scouring, and found some info on cb125t drag bike someone had made in the midlands. They used carbs taken from a honda hornet 250.

I read somewhere about gsxr carbs being used on cb750's I think as a swap for the original carbs.

I was just wondering whether there was any newer model carbs I could put on my '73 cb250 and make work with relative ease. Im not looking to do it for performance gains and know they would still need tuning to run ok, just like the standard ones so there is probably no point, I was just intrigued...

...and I suppose if there was a suitably easy swap and something cheap appeared on ebay it would be good to pull the trigger and try and make something work, if only for the novelty/experimentation value. After all, isnt that what bike building is about? haha

Would be put on a bike with 1mm O/S pistons , currently pod filters but a swap to UNI foam filters should be happening soon and megaphone exhausts.

Hopefully some of you 'black magic' carb guru's out there have an answer for me! ;D

Back
Top Bottom