The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

HerbertD said:
Front Disc Option?

Just looking at some of the recent photos from the "Race the Ace" on various facebook threads, I noticed that one of the (Women's ?!) team Ace had been modified with a very tasty front disc.
I would be most interested to know the availability of this as it looks a very tidy job with the adaptor / extension plate and being a larger disc, the performance should be enhanced significantly. (Mind you, that's not hard!)

Looked at the Newfren catalogue, and couldn't see any direct reference for a Honda CG type front disc - Would love to know if anybody could help find the reference as I think that this could become a very popular mod!
[pic][/pic]

That looks good enough to do 'stoppies'

Hi all,

Just wanted to say thanks and that you're a pack of bastards ;D. I have a perfectly good 2001 ZX6R in the shed that I'm fixing up to get registered but now all I can surf about on the web is bloody Skyteam Aces! I'm a large mammal (about 103kg in the nudd) so will look at uprated shocks and some performance mods to haul my fat arse around at the minimum. I'm only allowed one bike by the minister of war and finance so haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I've read most of this thread now and have found you lot (eg: Crazy etc) a good bunch of people. Just so you know though when I sell my ZX6 and start complaining about Chinese build quality, you will be the first to hear about it ;D.

Cheers,

Pricey

stroker crazy said:
G'day Pricey!

In spite of casting aspersions on our parentage I think you will find us a welcoming lot at this little corner of DTT.

As for the 103kg, what can I say? Definitely the shocks and perhaps the 150cc conversion could be the order of business.

Your name has been added (in anticipation) to the 'Ace' owners list: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=55426.msg759900#msg759900

Crazy

Crazy, I probably should have waited a few posts before 'casting nasturtiums' ;D. Appreciate the info. Now to get the ZX6 sold or convince my wife i need another bike?

A quick question - Is anyone running heated grips on their Ace? Do they make enough electrickery for that kind of luxury?

stroker crazy said:
I think you would be the first; how much current do they pull?

Crazy

28-30 watts or 3.6-4 amps on high I think. What can the stator/regulator-rectifier handle on the ace?

pricey9 said:
What can the stator/regulator-rectifier handle on the ace?

No idea - but it should cope with the grips but maybe not the headlight as well. The headlight pulls 35W, so you could go to a 20W LED unit and save some there.

Crazy

HerbertD said:
Front Disc Option?

Just looking at some of the recent photos from the "Race the Ace" on various facebook threads, I noticed that one of the (Women's ?!) team Ace had been modified with a very tasty front disc.
I would be most interested to know the availability of this as it looks a very tidy job with the adaptor / extension plate and being a larger disc, the performance should be enhanced significantly. (Mind you, that's not hard!)

Looked at the Newfren catalogue, and couldn't see any direct reference for a Honda CG type front disc - Would love to know if anybody could help find the reference as I think that this could become a very popular mod!
[pic][/pic]

Hi All,

i contacted Newfren to ask about the disk, and they redirected me to FreeSpirit. They did answer me and let me know it was custom made. It was the intention to make it available as a kit but because of no demand it isn't available and stays a one-off (for now)..

I mentioned this thread and maybe we can persuade them to do a small run? Who is in? ;)

Nico

Hi Nico,

good work - I'm definitely in - Keep me posted!

Herbert D.

Incidentally, about to re-spoke my rear wheel with genuine Honda spokes and genuine Honda Cush drive bushes. Hopefully will prove more resilient than the crappy skyteam ones. I'm getting fed up of replacing them now!

Small update on the Newfren brake disk Kit.

I asked for a price range for the kit and they let me know that it would be between 200€ - 300€ (but no promises, depends on amount of interest and the production run). They are located in Italy so there would probably be some shipping costs involved as well.

Still takers? ;)

Nico

stroker crazy said:
Still in Nico (just) - maybe the Oz dollar will improve somewhat before a deal is made!

What does the 'kit' consist of?

Crazy

Price is idd a little steep..

I was told it should be the bracket and the disk. (no idea on bolts)

nico

Hi Nico,

Yes, nearer 200,00 Euros is more attractive though still not overly cheap in my opinion. As far as I can establish, the kit itself would only consist of the disc, extension plate and a couple of bolts so the cost shouldn't be too high!

I am surprised that OORacing haven't looked at the possibility of doing their own kit as they have been pretty proactive in all other respects to offering modifications for the Ace.

for any aussies looking for parts ive heard that skyteam Canberra and nsw can do big bore kits 250 engines etc and postage would be cheaper then sending it over the pond.
i havent bought anything from them yet as my ace is happy at the moment (touch wood)
but you can check out their page on facebook.
heres one of their bikes with 250 engine and exhaust plus a dual seat .
https://www.facebook.com/skyteamcanberra

Attachments

• 11231092_953811748018889_2428240674387300252_n.jpg
    11231092_953811748018889_2428240674387300252_n.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 574
Back
Top Bottom