XS1100 I got for $73

So after pricing out brakes ....( each part cost more than the whole starting point when you get a $73 bike)...and hearing about the wet noodle stock forks...probably going to do an upgrade in this department...anyone know of direct/ easy USD swap?....Ive already sent a few emails trying to drum up a trade project cb750 for forks.... Nothing yet....

DesmoBro said:
So after pricing out brakes ....( each part cost more than the whole starting point when you get a $73 bike)...and hearing about the wet noodle stock forks...probably going to do an upgrade in this department...anyone know of direct/ easy USD swap?....Ive already sent a few emails trying to drum up a trade project cb750 for forks.... Nothing yet....

If you looking for a relatively simple swap, go over to XS11.com. The FJ1100 swap has been done.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25786&highlight=FJ1100

Here is that bike with FJ1100 forks.
1376500_552841784789775_931605852_n.jpg

It's the standard with the solo seat.

im going to put a gl1200 front end on mine it has 4 position anti dive

factory fork brace and 41mm tubes plus a smaller diameter front wheel so it looks better i think

plus it was a good price lol

If all goes according to plan i will be trading my xtra toolbox for another xs1100 parts rig this one runs and drives but no title

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,005 KB · Views: 273
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 921
....dirty deeds done dirt cheap!....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    480.9 KB · Views: 270
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 293
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    500.5 KB · Views: 274
for a front end, if you WANT inverted forks....find suzuki VZ800 forks. They are inverted yet the triple trees have more offset than the sportbikes with inverted forks and are longer as well.....both these aspects make them a much better swap geometrically speaking and they are cheaper to boot. Only issue is the stock VZ800 wheels are all ugly mags....so may have to make some rotor adapters and change wheel bearings/spacers to fit the XS front wheel to the VZ forks.

This poor bike i should have just gotten it together long ago ...still needs brakes but it seems to run well

Back
Top Bottom