OCTOBER 2013 - DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - NOMINATIONS

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Here are the Nomination Rules:

1. Nominate one of our members' bikes for Bike of the Month - include up to 3 flattering pictures of the bike in question. This is an opportunity to recognize someone who's bike has inspired you. So please don't nominate your own bike - make sure you have a well detailed build thread, post up in the Show n Shine area etc. and if enough people like your bike, someone will nominate it and maybe you'll see it as our banner in an upcoming month!

The Nomination MUST be accompanied by the member's User Name, a link to the thread where their bike is best described (Build thread, Show n Shine etc.) and a PHOTO of the bike in question.

2. Someone seconds the nomination (please only second one nomination)

3. Member MUST accept the nomination - If you're nominating a bike, make sure you're in contact with the owner, that they want the bike included and they accept the nomination. The Nominee should provide some back-story on the project, especially if there is a limited build thread already in place.

4. Bike must be in running roadworthy condition - no basket cases. I know our bikes are never really 'finished' but it should be on the road and roadworthy.

5. If a bike has been nominated and participated in the previous month's contest it should not be included in the current month's contest. Skip a month and nominate in a subsequent month.

6. Bikes that have won in prior contests should not be included unless they have been modified significantly.

We will accept nominations for a few days till we have a good selection to a limit of 5 bikes per contest.

A poll will be set up and voting will take place for a week or so depending on timing. Whoever ends the voting period with the most votes wins :D

Ultimately the voters will decide!

As a reward, we will use a picture of the winner's bike on the site banner for the following month.

I am proud to nominate Johnu's Mighty TITAN u can all bow now
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=20290.0

And to my 2stroke brothers this is thee bike of the year 8) so have a look at the build and lets put on the the banner

Sorry, but I think the rules state only "completed" bikes can be nominated. Thanks for bringing this one to my attention though, I hadn't seen it until now.

Looks complete ??? lets see frame yes engine yes wheels yes brakes yes lights who cares runs OH yes ;D so what do want a ride 8)

Well lets see, if I really had to go out on a limb I'd say maybe the builder saying the bike is done and posting a pic of a complete bike. The last update to that thread was he was still installing blinkers. I'm not saying it's not a rad bike worthy of BOTM, just that it's not done yet. Why don't we wait a month or two and nominate it when it's actually complete? ???

cobraace2 said:
I am proud to nominate Johnu's Mighty TITAN u can all bow now
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=20290.0

I think Cobraace2 is trying to get John to finish it before the end of this month so we can all see it done. it is damn well very close and so I will second it to get him moving, if he finishes it by Sept 30, it will win. Now see if he accepts and can get r done!

Hey what are saying Dragonfish :mad: that I'm premature I will have know I was in extensive therapy for that and they said I was cured ;D

Dragonfish said:
Well lets see, if I really had to go out on a limb I'd say maybe the builder saying the bike is done and posting a pic of a complete bike. The last update to that thread was he was still installing blinkers. I'm not saying it's not a rad bike worthy of BOTM, just that it's not done yet. Why don't we wait a month or two and nominate it when it's actually complete? ???
do two strokers lead to premature nomination? That bike is beautiful...

I nominate acm177's little gem...cl175 The Tiger ....T I double ga errrrrr
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11996.0

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 284
Re: Re: OCTOBER 2013 - DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - NOMINATIONS

Texasstar said:
I nominate acm177's little gem...cl175 The Tiger ....T I double ga errrrrr
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11996.0
That is a sweet little CB. Nomination second done!

Thanks for nominating the 175, that one totally slipped by me for some reason. Gone to read through the build thread. :)

Hah! Wow! I'm honored. I haven't even put my nicer exhaust on -- or ride it with the lower fairings yet!

I'd better get crackin' :)

Attachments

• 2012-11-06_20-08-41_674.resized.jpg
    2012-11-06_20-08-41_674.resized.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 296
  • 2012-05-15_19-04-11_194.resized.jpg
    2012-05-15_19-04-11_194.resized.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 291
That CL175 is also beautiful but it has no chain so it is not finished either. These two need to be nominated for different months because they both deserve the title.

It does have a chain and is finished, just not in the picture that is shown there. Check out its build thread.

Funny how you noticed that it doesn't have a chain in the picture, but never noticed the lack of an engine ;D

CarbsAndCylinders said:
That CL175 is also beautiful but it has no chain so it is not finished either. These two need to be nominated for different months because they both deserve the title.
video of AcM's

https://vimeo.com/71708519

HerrDeacon said:
It does have a chain and is finished, just not in the picture that is shown there. Check out its build thread.

Funny how you noticed that it doesn't have a chain in the picture, but never noticed the lack of an engine ;D

lol

Back
Top Bottom