OCTOBER 2013 - DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - VOTING

Vote for the one you like

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Vote!

This month we had 3 nominations, but one was what appeared to be not quite complete. I'm happy to amend the voting and include it, but I can't find any pics of the bike complete etc. so figured I'd leave it for a future contest.

I had to get the voting thread going as I'm going to be away from reliable computing power for a few days.

Shame that there are only 2 nominations this month...still great bikes! :D

Also a shame that acm's CL had to go up against the mother of all CX's...both great...but....that 500!!!

Green199 said:
Shame that there are only 2 nominations this month...still great bikes! :D

Also a shame that acm's CL had to go up against the mother of all CX's...both great...but....that 500!!!
this is a win win situation with two honda's. Now to lobby for the underdog! Anybody can go fast with a fast bike but can you go fast with a slow one. Look closely at ACM's motor on the inside...you can go fast with this one about 80 into a corner and come out alive on the other side...

Texasstar said:
this is a win win situation with two honda's. Now to lobby for the underdog! Anybody can go fast with a fast bike but can you go fast with a slow one. Look closely at ACM's motor on the inside...you can go fast with this one about 80 into a corner and come out alive on the other side...

I know Texasstar, I love ACM's little bike...followed it from the start and I know the work put into it....but to make a CX look that pretty is a big achievement I think.

Holy Honda those are some nice bikes this is a hard one this month .... Vote in !

Got to rip around with the fairings on today. Took some pics.

Attachments

• 20130922_163854.resized.jpg
    20130922_163854.resized.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 294
  • 20130922_134521.resized.jpg
    20130922_134521.resized.jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 311
  • 20130922_134819.resized.rotated.jpg
    20130922_134819.resized.rotated.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 294
  • 20130922_134847.resized.jpg
    20130922_134847.resized.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 327
Both bikes are exceptionally well built! But in my eyes that 175 is simply perfect, I want one!

God damn that fairing is awesome ACM..

..Need mine to look that nice! haha

Attachments

• 289.JPG
    289.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 288
Funny thing is that they are both AVON fairings or copies of AVONs. I had the lower type on my first cafe racer in the mid sixties and made copies of ACMs for my DB32 Goldie in the seventies so you two are right it the period.

No doubt these bikes or gorgeous! In my own opinion Id like to see more diversity in the BOTM and not just all hondas. of course that stems from the fact that thats what 90 percent of people are building here but im just saying itd be nice. That cx500 has some real craftsmanship though, not to discount the 175 but damn

I would piss myself in excitement if either of these showed up in my garage. (Then again, I don't have a garage... so dreaming will have to do.)

Good show gents.

Back
Top Bottom