Template for 77-78 CB750F Supersport rear-set bracket

Roland757

Building a vintage bike scene in Colorado Springs
I've had a lot of people hit me up for the template for rear-set brackets for my 77-78 CB750F. I made mine out of 1/2" Aluminum. Here is are the specs, you should be able to print the last picture and use it as your template.

Attachments

• After rear sets.JPG
    After rear sets.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 2,069
  • rears1.JPG
    rears1.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 2,366
  • rearsets2.jpg
    rearsets2.jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 645
MOONDOGnyc said:
Roland, are all of the bolt holes different sizes ?

Yes they are, you'll need to measure your motor mount bolts and the bolt that attaches your rear-sets.

I also have a 78 and Im having problems finding a set.

What other modifications did you make from a the "stock" frame?

Thanks

PJs Garage said:
I also have a 78 and Im having problems finding a set.

What other modifications did you make from a the "stock" frame?

Thanks

Use the template above and make the brackets to mount the rear sets. You will need to relocate the rear master cylinder by adding to the existing bracket that holds it. I then mounted the rear master on the outside of the stock bracket to make it line up with the rear set.

mAd mOrdigan said:
thanks! im gona have to check if this will work for my 78k

It will kind of work with a 78k but I think you would be better off just welding a drop mount to the frame. The reason I did the brackets like I did was because of the rear disc brake and master cylinder set up. On a k model you can do them different because of the drum brake. I think in the first or second issue of Iron & Air they did a how to on rear set mounts. I have a 78k that I just started building and will post pics of the rear sets once complete. It will be awhile though.

I know this is a really old thread, but this has been very helpful for me. One question, what master cylinder is that In the first photo?

Back
Top Bottom