Introduce yrself, bikes, projects, whatever.

Thanks Spotty,

Ha it lasted about 2 hours in that position now its back in storage ;D

I've heard about the RWC rule change i just wasn't sure it was being implemented yet, last i heard it was in talks, clearly they're pushing ahead. :-[

I do plan on doing some work, the worst of it would be a front end swap, which i assume would require a engineers cert, i plan on keeping the geometry standard though, just means more cost to the build really. (and fenders :p)

Hi Australia forum folk,

Trevor here checking in for the first time. Project is a CB350F Four.
Wish I had known about the rego before mods tip. Especially given the bike is from QLD and I'm in the ACT.. :-\
Oh well I'll just have to wing it. :p

Long time lurker, first time poster here from Newcastle. Mostly interested in CX500s but have a motley assortment in the garage at the moment, including a Daytona 955i and a '87 GPZ500. The GPZ is in parts waiting to be painted and put back together with a DIY seat and some visual mods. There's a bunch of photos of the CX500s on http://cx500info.com - mostly bits and pieces, haven't yet found the time for proper pics of the whole bike.

Hey all. Another ACT resident here as well. Im currently a hayabusa owner, and building a 1968 BSA that came to me as a frame. Next time I think I'll buy something that runs and go from there =) so far its a bunch of various parts but im hoping it will only take a couple of years to get it to running condition. :p

If anyone in the area has got any advice im very keen to hear it! every bit of info i get knocks off about four hours of google time. Now to work out how to upload images ;D

hey bloke, good luck with the beeza (from the other owners i know you're going to need it.....LOL)

did think about going the hayabusa way but the Vmax can go on classic rego, its shaft drive and can't go over 240......but by god i'm tempted. on the other hand there's early ZZR11's....they go on classic rego this year and will pull temptingly close to 300, shame about the chain drive though

for the posting pics thing, sign up with Photobucket, down load pics into an album on your photobucket page, open the pic inside the album and copy ( control/C) the HTTP link on the left side of the page and then insert (control/V) into the reply window in here (hope that makes sense)
took me a while to work it out but i got it eventually

Hey guys! I'm from sunny Melbourne and have a 72' Honda CB450.

Still getting a few little things sorted out (fenders and such) but she's almost ready for the road again!

Has anyone found any good universal rearsets locally? I am building a Suzuki gt185 and will need to fabricate some mounts for whatever I fit. I like the kits dime city and bullet sell but shipping costs are to high.

Mr Bernzo said:
Has anyone found any good universal rearsets locally? I am building a Suzuki gt185 and will need to fabricate some mounts for whatever I fit. I like the kits dime city and bullet sell but shipping costs are to high.

check out the ones they fit to the GT250/650 Hyosungs, they have multiple mounting points for the peg/lever on the main plate that you actually mount to your bike (which you'll be fabbing mountings for anyway)
there should be plenty about and they should also be reasonable cost too

Thanks spotty, will check them out.
Anyone used these guys?
Motosai.com.au seats look good, price is ok.

just found this one on arsetree, does look nice and $120 is indeed a fine price, should be adaptable to most smaller stuff

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/birchgrove/parts/motosai-sr400-500-cafe-racer-seat/1074821429

Been some time since I last posted on these forums. So thought I would re-intro myself.

Live on the Central Coast.Last time I posted I had a Speedmaster. I swapped that for this. A 1979 CB650Z. Thats was on the 28th Feb this year.

This is the day I brought it home.

1024xDay%2B1%2B002.jpg

What I have done to it so far.

1024xdragbarsoggyknobswrap%2B023.jpg

1024xfino%2Bsidecovers%2B015.jpg

Brat style seat made by butlers customs and caferacers from Newcastle.
Drag Bars.
Biltwell Kungfu Grips.
Junked the massive tail light. Fitted a Lucas replica.
CB450 cut down rear guard.
Wrapped the mid pipe of the Marshall Deep Tone 4into1 connector pipe.
Mirrors made from 2 different sets of crusier style ones.
Smaller indicators.
Removed the tacho.
Made sidecovers from perforated sheet. Airbox side has brass mesh.
Made sidecover badges.
Removed crash bars that came with te bike. Replaced with CBR650 Crash Knobs.
Lowered headlight with different mounts.

Still to do.
Centre the speedo.
Fit idiot lights to headlight shell.
Make different chain guard.
And anything else along the way that i think needs making.

Hi Guys,

Live in the Macedon Rangers (VIC) and have just started turning an old 1972 Yamaha LS3 in to a tracker. Hoping to have it back as a rolling frame in the next few weeks

check it here:

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=64788.0

Hi Guys,

My name is Vin. I live in Adelaide. Just discovered this thread not too long ago and was lurking around watching all the amazing projects on here.
I'm originally from Malaysia and have moved here 7 years ago. Currently, I am doing an internship in Germany and my six months absence from my
bike is killing me. I'm itching to ride my bike all the time.

I started off on a Hyosung GT250R Efi 2010 and currently I'm a proud owner of a 1983 Yamaha SR250 which I completed 3 months ago...
2 weeks before I left to Germany. Both are great bike and loved every minute riding them.
All the maintenance and work I've done are DIY with some helpfrom my brother and family friends.

The Sr250 is still a running project. Looking to put a rear fender on, wrapping the exhaust
and looking for a kickstarter assembly for it which is extremely difficult.
maybe down the track I will get the frame powder coated as it is all a rattle can job including the tank.

Anyway it's a pleasure to meet all of you and hopefully I get to meet a few of you in the near future.

my 2010 Hyosung gt250r

my 1983 Yamaha Sr250

today i picked up my Triumph Scrambler! the 1st in my area...

Attachments

• 1430467620626.jpg
    1430467620626.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 337
Hi All,
I have just started a cafe project with a ZB32 bottom end and 500cc B33 top end,
the bike came with lots of new parts including 2 new big end sets, new race goldstar race cams, valves,
new fork springs, bushes, clip-ons, levers, 3 front ends, 3 sets of wheels and boxes of parts,
Now for a question, I have full width hubs of QD types and 7inch ? front hubs,
as I intend to play at Broadford and Lakeside race tracks, which brake hubs are going to pull me up better ???
regards Peter

Attachments

• ZB32.jpg
    ZB32.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 336
Welcome. Nice start to an interesting project. I had an 8" single sided on my DB32GS and it was probably a better brake that the 190mm (/) on my mates 500 but that may be a case of set up etc.

Best brake I saw on a Brit single was at Broadford a couple of years ago. Forks were supposedly Matchless and brake was CB72. Of course the forks were 35mm Suzuki but no one else seemed to notice and front brake was a much modified GT750 4LS. Moral of the story is that as long as you have a story that's credible for P3 there won't be too many complaints.

Back when I raced there and Winton. there was a guy on an oversized B31 with stupid little stock looking brakes and his bikes slowed as well as my CB72, so the brakes are probably not a major issue if they are set up right.

Talk to people in the HMRAV and HRR if it still exists about what they use.

Thanks Teazer for the info and welcome,
I have the single sided 8 inch too and have been thinking of going with that,
( just like the look of full width hubs front and back :)
looks like a great little forum, think I'm going to waste a lot of hours here,

Peter

Back
Top Bottom