Ok jacket guys, wht do ya think?

VonYinzer

Over 10,000 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUHAN-REPSOL-CBR-1000RR-600RR-F4i-MOTORCYCLE-JACKET-L_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem53dcba0df7QQitemZ360185466359QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Ok. It started as a joke. My wife always asks why so many people on bikes wear ugly ass gear (which at least around here is very true) so i said, "i hear ya, thats why im buying this..." She didnt think it was funny, and explained to me in that lovely annoyed voice that the jacket in question is the ugliest thing shes ever seen. Well, now all joking aside, i have grown to love this jacket. Sure its a bit modern for my 40 year old bike, but damn... That said, for less than $90 you cant go wrong. Or can you? Any thoughts on how this may hold up? I really hate buying chinese crap, but the price is hard to argue with...

http://icon.streetcheddar.com/icon-motorcycle.php?sku=28101334SS&Icon-Daytona-Vintage-Flat-Track-Motorcycle-Jacket

This is what i really want, but 500 bones aint in the budget for a jacket...

VonYinzer said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUHAN-REPSOL-CBR-1000RR-600RR-F4i-MOTORCYCLE-JACKET-L_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem53dcba0df7QQitemZ360185466359QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Ok. It started as a joke. My wife always asks why so many people on bikes wear ugly ass gear (which at least around here is very true) so i said, "i hear ya, thats why im buying this..." She didnt think it was funny, and explained to me in that lovely annoyed voice that the jacket in question is the ugliest thing shes ever seen. Well, now all joking aside, i have grown to love this jacket. Sure its a bit modern for my 40 year old bike, but damn... That said, for less than $90 you cant go wrong. Or can you? Any thoughts on how this may hold up? I really hate buying chinese crap, but the price is hard to argue with...

I dont think thats even the right Repsol team colours..
I believe the actual colours are Black, red, white and Orange... not Blue!!

YOu may as well just get a Ateliers Ruby Belvedere in 'France' motif helmet....Just something not right about it...

That Repsol jacket is both ugly and crap. Stay away at all costs. The Icon Moto is more of a real motorcycle jacket but is common as a crooked politician. And I'm not into new stuff that tries to look like old stuff.

Well, they say that bright colors are among the most important safety gear on a bike. People would definitely have a hard time missing you in that thing. On the other hand, they might try to run you down to get that thing off the road.

The blue is a color scheme used by one rider in the past is what ive been told. I dont follow GP enough, i know. Doesnt get broadcast here too often. They also sell a shitty actual repsol team colors jacket. And im more interested in the "look" of the icon jacket than the fact that its an icon jacket... I have a very hard time finding riding gear that fits me correctly, and any icon stuff ive tried on fits well. In retrospect, the idea of buying a shitty chinese jacket is a terrible idea. I just cant buy a real vintage coat without trying it on which screws me for the most part. Im an odd size. Id love to find a real 60's or 70's era race jacket, but there not easy to come by. Ah fuck it. Ill just spend my $ on shiney or go fast parts and get an ugly but safe and inexpensive jacket from the local shop...

VonYinzer said:
Id love to find a real 60's or 70's era race jacket, but there not easy to come by.

oh boy.. do I have a jacket for you... What size do you wear?..

locO leoN said:
oh boy.. do I have a jacket for you... What size do you wear?..
Usually a medium, depends on the make. Im short but have wide shoulders. Whatt'ya got?

VonYinzer said:
So Leon, what is this jacket?
aww shoot i forgot about this thread..
ill post some pics to night.
if u like authentic vintage racing jacket with colours
you'll like what i have.
i used to be into vintage racing jackets...
ill post some pics tonight..

Well. here is the second last vintage racing jacket that I have.
Is a Drospo from the late 70's
When I first go it a few years ago I contacted Drospo:
Drospo Inc.
143 rue Industrielle
Lac-Drolet, QC
G0Y 1C0
Canada
(819) 549-2833

The person that I spoke to was able to get me some info on the jacket.
There a series number behind the Leather label: "34513"
she confirmed that the jacket was made in 1978 for some race team that Drospo had sposored in Vancouver. She couldn't get the actual team name but the pics I had sent her, she confirmed those details with the former owner of teh company.

The jacket is HEAVY and heavy duty zippers. There is no body armour like todays racing jacket, but the shoulders and elbows are all reinforced.

Im 5'7 and it fits me slightly long on the body and arms. It is labeled 44 but fits me pretty good with room for a sweater underneath.

IMG_2538.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

IMG_2535.jpg

IMG_2536.jpg

Ive never seen another jacket like this ever.
It is not a fashion biker styled jacket like what you can get at Danier Leather, etc..etc.. its a real heavy duty jacket, even heavier than any Golden Crown Bristol jacket or Brooks jacket that I've ever seen..

Wow. I love that thing! Thats what im trying to find. I have a Hein Gericke riding jacket that was given to me. The thing had only been worn once. Its all black, with a zip out liner etc... Its too big for me though, and not quite my style. Im goin to sell it to try and make some scratch to buy something like the one you have.

VonYinzer said:
Wow. I love that thing! Thats what im trying to find. I have a Hein Gericke riding jacket that was given to me. The thing had only been worn once. Its all black, with a zip out liner etc... Its too big for me though, and not quite my style. Im goin to sell it to try and make some scratch to buy something like the one you have.
well.. it could be for sale..if the right offer came along.
I dont really wear it anymore..just sittin in my closet... Mabe when/if I end up with an xs650 dirt tracker or some vintage race bike..

Its funny you should say that. Just found this on the local CL.
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/1360397501.html

VonYinzer said:
Its funny you should say that. Just found this on the local CL.
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/1360397501.html
well look at that.. its your lucky day.. buy the jacket and the matching bike.. then all u need is a vintage simpson bandit model 30 helmet!...

crazypj said:
I think you really should read the description properly,
'Shell material: super-soft synthetic'
Cheap assed plastic jacket probably gives real good protection if you did fall off.
As a fashion statement to wear when not on bike, I still think its sucks
The ICON is 'fake' Harley, orange and black are their race colours

PJ
Another thing to add is falling with those cheap plastic jackets is worse since the stuff will braze away and melt into your flesh . You're better off going with good mesh jacket than that garbage . Don't waste your money .

As for the Icon : might be fake HD colors but they're good jackets . I have a Neo Retro which is simular but black / white / grey .

Back
Top Bottom