For your viewing pleasure... Dime City Cycles

64bastagebomr

DCC - Supporting Whiskey Fueled Mayhem Since 2009.
DTT SUPPORTER
Good day my fellow ground pounders,

Herm, Charlie and I have been busy as all get-out settling into the shop getting things prepared for what's coming soon. I just thought I'd share some photos and let you know that we plan on being open for business within the next 30 days. We're working feverishly with the two largest OE parts manufacturers to offer you 250+ products through our online store (all stocked in our warehouse.) Were also doing our best to create an aesthetically pleasing experience for you when online. For those of you lucky to be close to Tampa we just leased out another shop spot next to ours and have something very cool in the works for locals.. Think Starbux meets motorcycle shop run artists...

We've taken all your input into serious consideration and have also met with a machine shop and have mapped out a 6 month plan to produce many of the items you guys are after in a mass-on-the-shelf fashion. The main focus for us in the beginning will be Honda's in both Cafe and Bobber form. We will create a unversal section as well and as time passes and feedback is provided we, will open up additional sections of the web store for other makes of two wheeled whiskey fueled mayhem machines.

The key though..is feedback from you guys. Keep us informed of what your after and we'll figure out a way to make it available. Our main goal is to become the most comprehensive provider on the net for all things Cafe and Bobber. Bolt-on commodity type products, custom DIY bits 'n' pieces and everything related to the lifestyle.

Ride Fast. Live well. Enjoy.

The DCC Crew

[Whiskey. Makes the wheels go round.]

IMG_9138.JPG

[DTT - Need we say more?]

IMG_9253.JPG

[Old school meets new school.]

IMG_9256.JPG

[CB450 Hard-tails...soon available.]

IMG_9285.JPG

[Every shop needs a dog. This is ours.]

IMG_9287.JPG

[GB3K baby! Need to set one up for bikes.]

IMG_9317.JPG

[Through shot while working on a 750.]

IMG_9352.JPG

[The master at work..]

IMG_9401.JPG

[Nothin says loving like seeing this first thing in the AM.]

IMG_9424.JPG

[DicE, staple media around the shop.]

IMG_9442.JPG

[Only the best designer tank covers are used here at DCC.]

IMG_9447.JPG

[Very cool spots around the shop for photos.]

IMG_9554.JPG

IMG_9564.JPG

IMG_9618.JPG

IMG_9625.JPG

IMG_9642.JPG

[Prepping the frame of a 750 for new shock mounts and stance.]

IMG_9665.JPG

[Chop what ya got..!]

IMG_9683.JPG

[Despite popular belief, I do actually work on bikes.]

IMG_9686.JPG

[Yes, we're going to put a small 450 tank on a 750. ATGB.]

IMG_9696.JPG

[Late night shot peaking in the front shop door.]

IMG_9701.JPG

[R&D at it's best. These were too thin, re-tooling the design for production.]

IMG_9724.JPG

Good stuff! It's great to see things come together. That Black Bomber Bobber is looking sick!

I seriously wish I was near you guys. That's be my new hangout lol. Can't wait to see what you guys will offer. I'll definitely be buying from you fellas.

Yes. It looks sick. Like makes me sick to my stomache. Sorry, I respect anyone who lives to work on bikes, but every time someone makes a hardtail out of an old (1970 and before) cb I get pissed. It's such a beautiful bike in the first place and seems such a waste to me. I'd give a nut for one and I see people hacking them up. To each his own I guess.

On second thought, I guess I only get pissed when it's in good condition and someone chops it up. If it's trashed, go for it. Seems seeing the bomber tank on that thing brought out the ass in me.

Disliked23 said:
Yes. It looks sick. Like makes me sick to my stomache. Sorry, I respect anyone who lives to work on bikes, but every time someone makes a hardtail out of an old (1970 and before) cb I get pissed. It's such a beautiful bike in the first place and seems such a waste to me. I'd give a nut for one and I see people hacking them up. To each his own I guess.

On second thought, I guess I only get pissed when it's in good condition and someone chops it up. If it's trashed, go for it. Seems seeing the bomber tank on that thing brought out the ass in me.

Awe...come on Disliked. With a nickname like that I thought for sure you'd get it. ;) I love vintage Hondas and decided to build a hard-tail out of it because you simply don't see them. ATG. That's just how I roll. Same reason I went with the Bomber tank and 1970's dirt-bike bars. I build the kind of stuff people either love or hate. You can expect to see a knob'd out dual sport distance rider, a turbo charged flat tracker and several other wild designs as time goes on and the shop grows. I've chosen the 450 as the platform which through my personal bikes, I'm going to completely fragment and redefine the 450.

I'll add that I don't plan my personal builds either. I let the energy and flow of life shape the look of the bike. That's one reason why I take such a long time. I'll build a license plate mount, stare at it for 3 months and then rip it off and do something completely different inspired by street sign or a g-string I saw the week before. I prefer to just let things happen naturally, I find it more satisfying in the end. Plus, it adds a slightly organic rhythm to the harsh aspects of working with metal and machines.

Give it a shot...I'm sure you'll love it when it's done. If not, give me a while. I'm sure I'll build something you'd gladly call your own. Surely our bespoke Cafe Racers will make you smile my friend. And keep in mind, that's our mainstay. (and what I love the most)

J

Everything look killer guys. Good louck. And you may want to save a few $$ and buy a shirt to wear when welding. ;)

No man I get it. I get why you would want to do it. It's just tough for me to see what I consider a rare bike mangled like that. Like I said, I love bombers and to me there are so many other bikes that aren't as rare that you can chop up and get the same look that i feel it's somewhat of a waste. Everyone customizes their bikes here and some do irreparable things like that because we all want something unique and cool. I respect that. Your work looks great too. For someone like me it's just a bit of a gut punch that's all.

Disliked23 said:
No man I get it. I get why you would want to do it. It's just tough for me to see what I consider a rare bike mangled like that. Like I said, I love bombers and to me there are so many other bikes that aren't as rare that you can chop up and get the same look that i feel it's somewhat of a waste. Everyone customizes their bikes here and some do irreparable things like that because we all want something unique and cool. I respect that. Your work looks great too. For someone like me it's just a bit of a gut punch that's all.

Take solace in knowing that the bomber frame is in-tact my friend.. The one that got the chop was a 70'ish 450. I'm using the tank for now on this project. ;)

64bastagebomr said:
Good day my fellow ground pounders,

Herm, Charlie and I have been busy as all get-out settling into the shop getting things prepared for what's coming soon. I just thought I'd share some photos and let you know that we plan on being open for business within the next 30 days. We're working feverishly with the two largest OE parts manufacturers to offer you 250+ products through our online store (all stocked in our warehouse.) Were also doing our best to create an aesthetically pleasing experience for you when online. For those of you lucky to be close to Tampa we just leased out another shop spot next to ours and have something very cool in the works for locals.. Think Starbux meets motorcycle shop run artists...

We've taken all your input into serious consideration and have also met with a machine shop and have mapped out a 6 month plan to produce many of the items you guys are after in a mass-on-the-shelf fashion. The main focus for us in the beginning will be Honda's in both Cafe and Bobber form. We will create a unversal section as well and as time passes and feedback is provided we, will open up additional sections of the web store for other makes of two wheeled whiskey fueled mayhem machines.

The key though..is feedback from you guys. Keep us informed of what your after and we'll figure out a way to make it available. Our main goal is to become the most comprehensive provider on the net for all things Cafe and Bobber. Bolt-on commodity type products, custom DIY bits 'n' pieces and everything related to the lifestyle.

Ride Fast. Live well. Enjoy.

The DCC Crew

[Whiskey. Makes the wheels go round.]

IMG_9138.JPG

[DTT - Need we say more?]

IMG_9253.JPG

[Old school meets new school.]

IMG_9256.JPG

[CB450 Hard-tails...soon available.]

IMG_9285.JPG

[Every shop needs a dog. This is ours.]

IMG_9287.JPG

[GB3K baby! Need to set one up for bikes.]

IMG_9317.JPG

[Through shot while working on a 750.]

IMG_9352.JPG

[The master at work..]

IMG_9401.JPG

[Nothin says loving like seeing this first thing in the AM.]

IMG_9424.JPG

[DicE, staple media around the shop.]

IMG_9442.JPG

[Only the best designer tank covers are used here at DCC.]

IMG_9447.JPG

[Very cool spots around the shop for photos.]

IMG_9554.JPG

IMG_9564.JPG

IMG_9618.JPG

IMG_9625.JPG

IMG_9642.JPG

[Prepping the frame of a 750 for new shock mounts and stance.]

IMG_9665.JPG

[Chop what ya got..!]

IMG_9683.JPG

[Despite popular belief, I do actually work on bikes.]

IMG_9686.JPG

[Yes, we're going to put a small 450 tank on a 750. ATGB.]

IMG_9696.JPG

[Late night shot peaking in the front shop door.]

IMG_9701.JPG

[R&D at it's best. These were too thin, re-tooling the design for production.]

IMG_9724.JPG

Too funny! I think I possibly have the coolest Mom in the world..Dezinegal She has to be the first Mom to join Do The Ton! She called me and told me she tried to post but couldn't get it to work....gotta love it.

She told me to say "she's the designer I got my skills from."

Love ya ma!

LOL!

J

64bastagebomr said:
Too funny! I think I possibly have the coolest Mom in the world..Dezinegal She has to be the first Mom to join Do The Ton! She called me and told me she tried to post but couldn't get it to work....gotta love it.

She told me to say "she's the designer I got my skills from."

Love ya ma!

LOL!

J

Ok ! Let me speak for myself. I love creativity of any kind. Design by any name always smells the same! SWEET! I just might be the coolest Mom ever,but you are jaded. Let the creativity begin!

Rock On guys! wish you the best in all business endeavors. I should be in FLA in feb. and will stop by if i am near the Tampa area and buy some goodies to bring home on the plane

Back
Top Bottom