spur of the moment trip, lets hear yours!

brewtown16

what, me worry?
i found myself with a whole week off last week....woo economy! so i disappeared with a friend on unemployment, and a soon to be in my stable Zx-12. quite diffrent from the 360, or the 450. needless to say i filled a backpack with clothes, and rushed out the door. (this was planned all out in around an hour before leaving) rode all the way from Milwaukee WI to Denver/Ft Collins in one long stint, with a 3 hour break in the middle at Omaha. Im never going to push myself like that again, pretty sure i found myself weaving on I70 booking 80mph (75mph speed limit! Woot!) until we pushed up to ft collins where my girlfriend lives. We start to unpack, and i forgot my camera, so all i had were shitty cell phone to take pictures with. Went over to estes park, to rocky mountain national park, but didnt take the bikes because my friends old school 883 jet settings sucked (im not about to push that thing through 12k feet) so away we went in the gf's cage. dont try to run at that alt- i learned it the hard way. Also, dont try to make a cop from nebraska laugh. it doesnt end well. bout the highlight of anything interesting. I did learn a few things though- 1.wear sunscreen in between your gloves and jacket cuff. i have sunburn/windburn that looks like ive been in shackles. 2.bring a better camera than a cell phone. 3. pack a snack. 4. dont try to ride more than 5 hours at a crack. and lastly, dont try the "wave the police officer around you while hes trying to pull you over trick"... it never ends in a smile. ill try to post up some pics once i learn how to get em off the phone. the GF has some of me/her/friend in the park though from her dig camera.

any of you guys ever just pick up and leave? any crazy stories?

I like the bit about the coppers.
I decided this morning I am going camping up in vermont. leaving work early today and riding the shelburne museum has a wicked cool motorcycle exhibit going on. fortunately only 5 hour ride.

Cheers
Mortikan
P.S. I will remember my sunscreen

Back
Top Bottom