Honda cb

me91

f8a9c119b9839074b66c5312c0ebd47b.jpg
2b039123a4151b5eb09f6eefdbc86adf.jpg

Hi I'm new to the forum and this is my ambitious cb project

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using DO THE TON mobile app

Erm... no haha. Engine is seized after standing for nearly 20 years. Found a decent rolling frame so the black one is likely to be a donor now

I'm sure it's the early one which is about 19bhp. The frame is now waiting to be blasted, tried cleaning it with a cup brush but still takes forever. In the mean time I can pull the head off the engine

I took the head off tonight to find this mess given in a soaking in wd and I'm hoping it will unseize itself. The pistons are scrap, a piece of the ring has smashed into the top of the right piston at the top

Forget WD-40. Use a 50/50 mix of acetone and ATF, it will penetrate past the rings eventually, where the WD-40 won't. It may take a while, I think it took 5-6 days for it to pass the rings when I was rebuilding the XL350.

Was the plug on that RH cylinder left out? Hopefully none of the moisture made it past the rings.

me91 said:
I took the head off tonight to find this mess given in a soaking in wd and I'm hoping it will unseize itself. The pistons are scrap, a piece of the ring has smashed into the top of the right piston at the top

I'm not seeing the damage. Got a better/bigger pic?

Will try that and hopefully I can free it off, yes the plug was left out, it had sand, dirt and rust in there I don't have another pic at the moment. It's the right cylinder in the picture, at the top of the piston between the studs, there is a hole the same size and shape as a piston ring

3d1e5f0be7a220a7f6fcada2fede182a.jpg

Frame has been blasted, I have welded the rear hoop on since this picture and it's going to be blasted again to give an even finish and remove the small bits of rust and dirt I missed the first time

Back
Top Bottom