new tires just came in... think i messed up

XsjadoTwin

Been Around the Block
I may have went a little wide on the front tire. It will clear the forks and front fender tabs but after asking for size advice here on the forum I was told a 100/90/18 would be a good upgrade from the 3.00x18 that were on it when I had purchased it.

Took my digital callipers and measured my new front tire and it measured 4.261" the old tire measured 3.121"

Should I go down to a 90/90/18 for the front
(my rear I think is going to work its a 110/90/18)

Attachments

• IMAG2099.jpg
    IMAG2099.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 241
notice the cardboard spreading the bead this makes the tire wider than when mounted that said it still is too big for the front of your cl
and what makes you think a bigger,HEAVIER tire is an upgrade ?

Stock 360 widths are 1.6" front and 1.85" rear, so the normal replacement tires are 90/90-whatever up front and 100/90-18 rear.

xb33bsa said:
notice the cardboard spreading the bead this makes the tire wider than when mounted that said it still is too big for the front of your cl
and what makes you think a bigger,HEAVIER tire is an upgrade ?

What size should I be looking for the front? 90/90/18 80/90/18?

And I didn't realize it was going to be THAT much bigger. The original front tire was labled 3.00x18.

Do i need a different rear tire as well? Someone here on the board had said a 100/90/18 front and 110/90/18 rear would be a good fit for the CL (im a thread I made a while back asking what tire size I should go with for casual riding)

an 80 in the front would be close to the 3.00 but still bigger an 90 in the back ?
any tire you get is going to look bigger until you get it mounted

And basically I'd consider anything an upgrade from the dry rotted Chen-shin tires that were originally on it when I purchased it. And I didn't intend to go larger on the front, ill just take the front tire back and swap it for a 90/90/18
And keep in mind I'm not planning on doing 90mph+ or dragging knee this bike is primarily to be used on surface streets and the occassional trip through the canyons

While i have your attention what tire brand set/size would you recommend? Something reasonably priced, like I said this is will be my daily driver for a while. So I'm looking for the correct size and something with avg-good grip and a tire that won't wear too quickly. I live in the desert so wet riding conditions are extremely rare and are not a selling/buying point for me (it rains maybe 6days out of the year down here)

i run a shinko 705 rear and a vee rubber up front because i do a bit of dirt road riding
on my sl350 90 front 100 back ? cant remember anyway the 705 is great get those is my suggestion

Funny, cause the tires I ordered where the Shinko 712's got them for a fairly good price. Any big difference between the 712's and the 705?

Tire will fit once mounted and inflated. I've used the same tire on my CB350.

Welcome to the Metric system ;) 100 = 100mm = 4 inches (25.4mm / inch).

DrJ said:
Tire will fit once mounted and inflated. I've used the same tire on my CB350.

I'm assuming you ran the stock wheels? These are tubeless tires. How'd it work out with the tubes? And how is the handling for you?

Tim said:
Welcome to the Metric system ;) 100 = 100mm = 4 inches (25.4mm / inch).

Hah, Yeah. Rude awakening for myself. Kind of ordered the tires on a whim. They were cheap,I'll give them a go and see how they feel. I will before mounting, see if I can swap the front for a smaller size. Ill just explain to the shop it was a misunderstanding and see if they will Exchange for a smaller front.

Will the 110 on the rear be a problem?

XsjadoTwin said:
I'm assuming you ran the stock wheels? These are tubeless tires. How'd it work out with the tubes? And how is the handling for you?

You are planning on running them with inner tubes, right? Just want to make sure...... but tubeless tires can be mounted with inner tubes installed with no problems. It lowers the speed rating by one step (the inner tube makes the tire run warmer).

Back
Top Bottom