So what's the deal with the chunky dual sport tires on cafe/trackers builds?

effina.jpg

More style than substance from dedicated followers of fashion. "what's the deal with the chunky dual sport tires on cafe/trackers" - especially with no front or rear guards! You're going to get crap all over the engine and right up your back - unless you're riding on the carpet. And a narrower front tire will turn in a lot better.

I'm all about cool looking tires, but some one back me up here...

The worst is when guys run super aggressive tires, with scrmbler pipes, etc. and no front fender!

how obnoxious is this?? Such a good looking bike, lots of time in it, but why no fender?

Attachments

• 11_01_2103_anvil_maduna_06.jpg
    11_01_2103_anvil_maduna_06.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 834
hunterkey said:
I'm all about cool looking tires, but some one back me up here...

The worst is when guys run super aggressive tires, with scrmbler pipes, etc. and no front fender!

how obnoxious is this?? Such a good looking bike, lots of time in it, but why no fender?

No front fender I think is laziness or lacking the ability to fab a stylish front fender. Some people aren't aware that vintage front fenders were often doubling as a fork brace. Some even had plates of fairly thick steel underneath the fender to simulate this.

because those bikes are never really used... they might get the odd ride on a sunny day but thats it... any daily bike isnt going to be set up like that. a show bike and a daily rider are very different

Yeah, but on the other hand I'm not planning on jumping this thing. It's a dual-sport. Some pavement, some gravel roads, and perhaps the odd trail through the woods. So I think the GSXR front end will do me well. It's going up to the cottage, and I'll run the odd errand on it along the highway and go for the odd hours-long scoot on the backroads.

I ran Shinko dual sport rubber on my last XS chopper. The tires ate rated at 70/30 street/trail which is pretty close to what my bike saw.

My tt500 bobber has dirt bike rims and tires becouse its a gonna be a stump pullin monster

I`mounting up dualsports on my gs 400 with gsxr forks and Konis in the rear,just because i live in the fucking forest, and i have to ride 15 minutes on gravel just to see people....LOL
Anyways the gravel roads are good with allmost no potholes.
Using standard dimentions on both...
I`m sure this will be a better option for me,i ride 60% gravel and 40% on asphalt!

Catherham = Tonka toy
HiWB is too funny. Reminds me of early BSNYC before he became famous. I too may have to adopt a disinterested urban edginess, these works boots make it difficult to shift my pre-unit Triumph.
Alpha Dog if it were the perfect analogy (and it was) you wouldn't have to say so.
What is funny tires for me is the cafe-ish bike with the Flintstone tires. A little too self conscious.
Cheer, 50gary

No to go on another tangent, but is anyone else tired of seeing these skinny ass seats? I will admit they look streamline, but I'm really starting to become more drawn to the thicker seats, like the old triumph scramblers of the 60's and 70's. The more I ride, the more I start to appreciate an aesthetic that compliments the function of the bike...

As a disclaimer I love totally impractical 70's style choppers and I know they serve little function and tons of form lol. I guess it really is different strokes for different folks, but I feel like the skinny seat is a real fad.

I'm not tired of looking at them but my ass is getting tired of sitting on them hahaha

Back
Top Bottom