Pamco ignition reviews?

jammer415

Been Around the Block
I’m about to install the Pamco ignition on a 72 CB450, I like that it has a digital advancer too, but having second thoughts after reading some reviews of people saying that their Pamco units failed soon after install?

Then to add insult to injury, reviews that customer service response from Pamco was non-existent?

Wondering if anyone who installed a Pamco unit on their bike could chime in and share their experience... good or bad?

Any good alternatives?

I put one on my 72 CL450, the old one without e-advance. My first one didn't work. I sent it back to Pete and he sent me a new one. That was years ago when he seemed to be more responsive. After that it worked great. When I recently rebuilt my engine I found that the advance mechanism had worn slots in the aluminum rotor so it was super sloppy. For that reason I switched to one from Charlies Place. I think it might be doing the same thing. I guess using the e-advance would eliminate that problem.

Hopefully yours works. If not, hopefully Pete gets back to you.

Mine worked great while it was working.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It seems that a lot of the negative reviews are in fact from years ago (although several which include the electronic advance too).

Have you heard of any situations where the cover plate grounds the unit and prevents it from working?

No, I haven't heard of that happening. But that can happen with aftermarket points too and is easy to fix.

Back
Top Bottom