Best Sounding Classic Bike Engine.

And who are the ding-dongs being allowed to stand behind a bike on a dyno run? The chain breaks and they are all decapitated.BJ

I guess. I have had my KZ dynoed x2, and both times the tech made me stand way at the front of the bike, away from the chain and engine in case it grenaded.bj

Bevel Ducati in full song is pretty sweet. Same with a Laverda Jota on the throttle.

Cant say I really like the sound of 2 strokes being wrung out. They sound fast, but not very pleasing to the ear.

hocbj23 said:
And who are the ding-dongs being allowed to stand behind a bike on a dyno run? The chain breaks and they are all decapitated.BJ

Ever ridden behind one? I guess that could apply to any time a bike is 'on the pipe'... standing or riding behind it. ::)

Of course they've ridden behind one Drewski! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drewski said:
Ever ridden behind one? I guess that could apply to any time a bike is 'on the pipe'... standing or riding behind it. ::)
Yep and every rider should be wearing a helmet and gear when riding behind bikes that are being pushed to their performance limit.

These guys are not on a racetrack. They are standing head high to the chain and tire helmetless in t-shirts behind a bike that is being pushed to the performance limit.

Did you know that tire manufacturers will not warranty any tire that has been on a dyno? There is a reason.

DohcBikes said:
Yep and every rider should be wearing a helmet and gear when riding behind bikes that are being pushed to their performance limit.

These guys are not on a racetrack. They are standing head high to the chain and tire helmetless in t-shirts behind a bike that is being pushed to the performance limit.

Did you know that tire manufacturers will not warranty any tire that has been on a dyno? There is a reason.

Ya, and we see that all the time too. ::)

Look, I'm really not trying to yank anyone's chain. Point taken. For sure, that's not a safe place to stand. 8) But I'd be more concerned about Walm's engine grenading between the operator's knees!! ;) That's more likely than his chain flying off. :(

Back to the thread. :)

although i dont like harleys the sound of my fathers 69 shovel ist great to my ears :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SApw5XY6QQk

Thank you for posting that. The engines produced roughly 180hp per liter, on par with supersport bikes in 2015.

It sounds awesome! Almost as good as a 2 stroke.

250cc Kawi triple

http://youtu.be/Tz0XsRbygig

The mechanical banshee howl of a classic Triumph triple coming up on the cam is a sound like no other. The hair on the back of my neck stands up just thinking about it (which it is doing right now as I type this)

Another nice sound is a pair of DG pipes on an RD400 at idle, sounds almost identical to a top fuel dragster idling up to the staging lights...

(for what it's worth, I own 2 Tridents, and have owned 5 RD400s. I still have both Tridents in my garage, although "technically", I gave one each to my older boys. I gave my last RD400, the one with the DG pipes, to my oldest son who still has it)

Other nice-sounding bikes I own or have owned include a Honda CB550 with full Pops Yoshi gear, and no muffler on a 4-into-1 collector; pretty wild scream. My modern Triumph Legend triple with TORs sounds pretty cool (although not quite as cool as a classic Trident). The D&D pipes on my '83 Honda VF750 sound nice, too...

Back
Top Bottom