The Brit That Almost Barked

Hoofhearted

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
I've been working on supercharging my Weslake for a while now. You think you're done and you discover something else. I finally got it together and fired up. A bit of tweaking and it sounded healthy.

http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=NlZZFag_Pzc&u=/watch%3Fv%3DPwX7jnW9rGA%26feature%3Dem-upload_owner

Last Sunday was the last El Mirage meet of the season. Between a duff kill switch and mother nature it almost made a run. Sunday morning was beautiful but it decided not to start.

By the time we traced the problem and repaired it and got back in line a dust storm had blown up. The meet was called because no one could see squat. There is a Dodge pick up 15 feet in front of me in this photo.

I've been going there a long time but this was the worst I've ever seen. Rain in a dust storm is something I haven't experienced before. Now the long wait for next May.

Great to see you out there Hoof ........we've missed you while you've been locked in the garage !!!! ;)

Last few years of LSR have just sucked, haven't they? Getting Gosh Darn expensive hauling all over the country only to never fire and make a run.

They have sucked Marc as you well know. The dust storm I had no control over but the kill switch problem was caused by my crewman Joe tripping when we unloaded the sidecar and his foot kicked the switch. Just didn't notice it at the time.

BC. I've been here but hadn't a lot to say. Kind of waiting for the knees to heal a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom