HollywoodMX's xv920/TR1 Cafe super-dupe!

I had a battle with the coils and the bike not kicking over but I got the confusion cleared up. Who knew the TCI ground was supposed to have power on it. That and the coil one was actually the rear cylinder so spark wasn't the right timing for each cylinder. Funny thing is I caught that fairly early in the scratching of my head,im like I have spark and fuel,what the hell!

It runs!

From the first minute notices the pilots are rich, maybe the needles too, vacuum leaks at my manifold spacers; I will have to liquid gasket them vs the paper ones thus which is why I couldn't rev it out. But man a good jetting start!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU5OZ-DcpKQ

Congrats! Always feels great to get the first start.
I also really enjoyed the mini montage after it started ;D

Thanks guys! Ya Im away for the next two days but back Sunday to work on the wiring. I bought all the nice heat protected loom and various shrink wraps.

Here is a quick video of the modern titanium exhaust. I hate to say this but it sounds better because its quite a lot deeper tone and quieter.. But I really like the look the custom setup I finalizes on so we'll see. Smoke is ceramic paint curing..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxDUvcDKuw

Attachments

• 20150821_075652.jpg
    20150821_075652.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 329
Still battling the harness. I have everything working save the signal lights blinking. I'm thinking it's expecting Harley independent right and left controls for signals.

I could skip the box signal control all together and run my own but I want to try to get this to work so I will some independent momentary switches to see.

That didn't work. Same result. Going to go over the harness again. I noticed my left switch signal power has power and the right doesn't. Plus the Thunder heart harness has better instructions (same module) so I'm gonna double check with that manual as some things were more clear.

Finally got the signals to work, but I don't like the harely turn signal effects on my integrated tail light because on the harleys the signal lights are part of the brake lights.

I have two options, ditch the gxsr left hand control and create new switches for everything or ditch the ultima relay and signal system. I'm going to opt for the latter.

Signals wired up on their own now having another problem with coil power.. Sigh..

I think I could have built my own solution and been done by now. Man wiring is annoying..

WOW, I just binged on this thread from the beginning. Better late than never! SWEET build man, bravo!

Thanks guys. Ya I though an after-market harley harness would be easily compatible. I'm have now learnt the harley nuances and its not so much.. Like individual left and right switches to signal lights??? WTF! Auto cancels signals are on the rear signal only?

Plus I don't know what the box is doing inside and some of the directions are ass.. I mean does a headlight wire need to be hot to power another wire internally? These are the battles I have been faced with. Through my frustraion I will build my own next time which will be for the KZ after I'm done this bike.

As I was working through the issues I finally got things to work but after all that I notices I only really need a fraction of the wires. Rather leaving a bunch of extra positions hot in the module I decided to build my own harness thinking it will be cleaner.

I'm already 1/3 done.

Man, I was going to suggest that earlier - sort of a cut your losses scheme - but seemed you were always on the verge of successful completion so I couldn't bring myself to be a naysayer. The torture ends at last! Backin' you on your new trajectory!

jpmobius said:
Man, I was going to suggest that earlier - sort of a cut your losses scheme - but seemed you were always on the verge of successful completion so I couldn't bring myself to be a naysayer. The torture ends at last! Backin' you on your new trajectory!
Ya me too. I was actually surprised at Harley's electrical system. Its a terrible design with so many wires. The gsxr control only needed one power wire to operate everything on the left side mean while the Harley had 3 hot wires independently wired and switched plus the non hot wires.

Stuff like this makes me respect the Japanese engineers more.

The most complicated part of the wiring for my bike will be the custom blinker wiring, and the stock wiring in the headlight, there are 3 circuits, headlight, ign, and the rest of the lighting/horn.
The blinker wiring has just been test wired and it works great, Motogadget M-Wave to do the flashing, M-Blaze Disc for the blinkers, momentary switches to start the flashing, micro controller to preset the self cancelling delay(set to 10 seconds), and a relay for holding contacts, everything fits within the handlebars, only 2-3 wires will exit the bars, likely as a cable which will blend in with the clutch, brake, and throttle cables.

J-Man said:
The most complicated part of the wiring for my bike will be the custom blinker wiring, and the stock wiring in the headlight, there are 3 circuits, headlight, ign, and the rest of the lighting/horn.
The blinker wiring has just been test wired and it works great, Motogadget M-Wave to do the flashing, M-Blaze Disc for the blinkers, momentary switches to start the flashing, micro controller to preset the self cancelling delay(set to 10 seconds), and a relay for holding contacts, everything fits within the handlebars, only 2-3 wires will exit the bars, likely as a cable which will blend in with the clutch, brake, and throttle cables.
Ya that's a nice setup for sure. Spendy but high quality and easy to install. I would like have that setup for sure.

One problem I encountered was my tail light has brains in it too. So it didn't like another brain controlling it so the auto cancel didn't work as intended.

Back
Top Bottom