LED Headlight Bulbs Finally Available

Sonreir

Oregon
DTT SUPPORTER
The 20W LED headlight bulbs are finally available for sale from our website at http://www.sparckmoto.com/products

After testing several different varieties, we've decided to go with those you see attached here.

Brighter than a 55W Halogen and drawing only 20W (high or low), I would almost consider this to be a mandatory upgrade if you're looking to bring your bike into the 21st century. Price is $55 and includes free shipping in the USA. Good for around 10,000 hours of use, so you'll probably never need to change your headlight bulb again.

Attachments

• DSCF4347.JPG
    DSCF4347.JPG
    695.1 KB · Views: 396
Put one of these in my son's dt175-what an improvement over stock-super bright even running on 6v-great product!

Seriously though, these look great. Has anyone got any reviews at all?

And Sonreir, do they plug straight in and away you go, or are there tweaks required to accommodate the LED?

el barto said:
Seriously though, these look great. Has anyone got any reviews at all?

And Sonreir, do they plug straight in and away you go, or are there tweaks required to accommodate the LED?

Mostly plug and play, but if your headlight bucket is thin, sometimes some tweaks are necessary. I ended up taking a hole saw to the back of the plastic bucket to fit the light on my Duc. Older bikes seem to have less issues.

I've been meaning to leave a review here with some pics but haven't gotten around to it so here is a short one.

This thing is awesome. I have it installed on my '72 CL450 in an aftermarket bucket from DCC. Sonreir is right that your bucket needs to have some depth to accommodate it.

It is very bright, has a white color to it and is very noticeable. I happened to have my bike running next to a friend's XS650 with a stock light and the light from my headlight completely washed his out.

It lights up reflective signs very well. The quality of the light on the road is a bit different on the asphalt and I haven't decided if it makes it any easier or harder to see details, but I think it is certainly an improvement over stock.

The high beam is crazy bright.

Since the LEDs are only on one side, it only illuminates half of the bucket so it looks a little different and the throw pattern is different, but again, I'm not sure if it is better or worse.

I will say I have had absolutely no charging issues since installing it.

The only problem I have had was "ballast" plug coming "unplugged" once but it was likely my fault during installation and easily fixed. I think I have had it about 6 months now

I believe this is well worth the money, especially if you have a weak charging system.

end of line

Thanks for the review Flugtechnik.

Sonreir, do you have any further information about the throw pattern and if this bulb is going to be legal in the UK? Tbh I can always use it on the road and then put in the old H4 bulb when the bike needs an MOT...

Sorry, mate. Not sure about the legalities over in the UK. Over here in the US, I think it's "off road use only", but we don't have MOTs in most locales.

I as well have this set up on my bike. It is so much brighter over stock. The set up is super easy, I used the stock headlight housing on my kz900 and the h4 plugs right in. It's a bit snug but have had no problems. Would highly recommend.

Back
Top Bottom