May 2016 BOTM Voting

Vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn't have believed it would be such a tough decision with 3 completely different concepts. A concours restoration, a Frankenbike back country monster and a scrap yard candidate turned into a wet dream...spectacular work gents.

Three very interesting bikes which all met their brief. Greeves is very nice, Suzuki an homage to budget builds, but the TR1 wins it for me...from shitter to big hitter, well done mate you got my vote.

Hard month. But i just cant stop looking at the griffon. The palm trees in the background make me think of cruising around on an island.

johnu said:
If anyone is interested here is a direct link to my friend Manny Pedroso's photography webpage showing the complete photo shoot for the Greeves https://mannysphotography.smugmug.com/Johns-work/

Also here is a pic of the bike as I bought it.

John, The bike is a work of art and so are the pictures. Where does Manny get the color from. He really makes colors pop . It is so vibrant. Makes my pictures look like I took them with a box Brownie.

I'm a relative newb and amazed at what has been done. The skill and knowledge of most people here is impressive. I've just read through Kanticoy's build and he reminds me of my Dad who had a similar take on cars (20's and 30's) - he never polished anything but you could drive it around Australia. All bikes look great, it's just that Kanticoy's build is more in line with my idea of functionality and a reason to do something like this. The yamaha is art and the motocrosser looks like a classic restore. They are 3 different takes on a restoration - well, the motocrosser looks like the only restoration. Resurrection is a word that might suit the other two. I'm with everyone else; each bike is a great example of what the builder / designer /artist / engineer intended.

Just want to say thanks very much for the votes. To be nominated was a great surprise in the first place, to win the vote is fantastic. I've been a member of the site for a few years and lurked around a few years before that.

Some of the builds I've read about on here are really top class and some of the best in the custom bike world. Many of them inspired me to pick up my tools and get stuck in, hopefully mine will have the same effect. To make the cut for the BOTM is the cherry on the cake for my build !!!

Thanks again everyone. :)

Well done mate well deserved ;) lets hope for a decent summer to show that beauty off 8)

An all-around excellent BOTM round!

I can't wait to see the 2016 round-up at the end of the year.

I'd buy a calendar...

grandpaul said:
An all-around excellent BOTM round!

I can't wait to see the 2016 round-up at the end of the year.

I'd buy a calendar...
Samesies.

Well done Ichris21! Well deserved! 8)

Cheers guys.weather warming up here..........time to get some miles in ;D ;D ;D

Nice one Ichris, well deserved BOTM......shall we see you and your bike at Kempton Park Motorcycle Jumble on May 21st?

Congrats Ichris! I actually own an 82 Virago and had it custom built. Hagman was a huge inspiration for it also. They're nice bikes although I do not understand the engineering behind the starter clutch/gears. The monoshock on those years in particular work perfectly for a cafe conversion. Nice job on the bike!

beachcomber said:
Well deserved Chris ...... is that the first UK winner of BOTM ?????

If it is it's a damn well deserved one... I bet that thing is "a treat" to ride 8)

Back
Top Bottom