August 2016 BOTM Voting

Vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Vote! Post up your pics and stories. If anyone wants their photo in the poll changed shoot me a PM with the link to the new photo.

Click on the poll photos to open up the build threads.

Ugh - apologies. Just got back from a whirlwind trip.

Tuesday 11AM started a 2 hour drive to an airport for a flight landed at 9PM took off again at 11PM landed at 12:30AM Wednesday meetings started at 7AM then back on a 3PM flight home.

Just getting my wits about me.

Vote done!

Tim said:
Ugh - apologies. Just got back from a whirlwind trip.

Tuesday 11AM started a 2 hour drive to an airport for a flight landed at 9PM took off again at 11PM landed at 12:30AM Wednesday meetings started at 7AM then back on a 3PM flight home.

Just getting my wits about me.

That's the trouble with having to work for a living - it gets in the road of the important stuff.

Crazy

Cheers guys.

Looks like i'm up against some bloody tough competition, nice work guys!

I picked up my CB a fair few years ago when I had just started off as a student. With a complete lack of money I set out to sort the problems the PO had created, and change the look a bit.

Then got some income so started fixing my own mistakes! ;D This build has probably been started over about 3 times! haha.

I used this built to try out some hand tool fabrication, and to teach myself how to weld. Not the tidiest work, but was all completed in a small garage and was my first attempt. A proper 'hand' built design.

Frame was detabbed, and the rear brace cut off. All pressed sections were seam welded. A new underseat pan with battery mount, and hole for a Lucas tail light was fabricated and welded in.

The OE passenger peg mounts were removed, and the replaced with hand shaped rear set mounts. New swingarm supports and extra frame bracing were welded in.

All bearings, seals, and pads were replaced.

The engine was rebuilt, with a 1mm overbore, minor porting and polishing and a modified clutch cover tranfsfer piece to aid oil flow to the head. all resprayed in PJ1 Engine paint. Some Aluminium velocity stacks finish off the intake.

A '76 CB500t tank was made to fit, and along with the fibreglass seat, was painted a deep gloss black with gold accents. Was my first attempt at proper painting, and it didn't turn out awful. Just a few scratched to fix.

Fairing was mounted, covering the micro speedometer and the OE rev counter, which has a micro LED voltmeter installed onto the faceplate.

Avon roadriders, heavier weight fork oil and Hagon shocks on the rear help to increase the performance over stock.

Small details all round, Like brass washers used under stainless bolts, and glass fuel filters 'piggybacking' off the rear frame downtube.

Its taken a long time, and a lot of work but the bike is coming to an end. Just some further wiring, painting some brackets and rear set linkage rods to be finished.

As soon as it stops raining here, I'll get some decent shots of her! ;D

Attachments

• 497.JPG
    497.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 338
  • 501.JPG
    501.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 343
  • 550.JPG
    550.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 358
  • 616.JPG
    616.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 346
  • 642.JPG
    642.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 334
  • 696.JPG
    696.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 343
  • 825.JPG
    825.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 357
  • 833.JPG
    833.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,105
  • 842.JPG
    842.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 365
  • 832.JPG
    832.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 333
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    964.1 KB · Views: 329
Many thanks to adventurco, and Justin, for taking the time to nominate the SS.
I can't really add any more info/pics that isn't already on the thread.
The dry weight of the bike was 188kg originally. So I was pleasantly surprised when it weighed in at 255kg which included a full tank of fuel, and rider, a saving of just over 30kg.
There's 2 small job's to do, firstly fit a bar end mirror. After nearly dropping the bike last week, due to the rubbish Ducati side stand I'll invest another £20 for usual modification.

Back
Top Bottom