Welcome to Ohio

Kuyarico

Coast to Coast
Welcome to the Ohio Chapter of Do The Ton. If you are from Ohio and are willing to admit it, make yourself known in here. I'll keep you posted on what's going on. Come one come all. Tell your friends, and let's ride!

Special thanks to our friends up north(Noel and Tim, and whoever else behind the scenes) for making some space for us. I look forward to meeting all of you.

Also, if any Do The Ton members are ever rolling through Ohio, let us know. I'll buy you a beer.

Kuyarico said:
Welcome to the Ohio Chapter of Do The Ton. If you are from Ohio and are willing to admit it, make yourself known in here. I'll keep you posted on what's going on. Come one come all. Tell your friends, and let's ride!

Special thanks to our friends up north(Noel and Tim, and whoever else behind the scenes) for making some space for us. I look forward to meeting all of you.

Also, if any Do The Ton members are ever rolling through Ohio, let us know. I'll buy you a beer.

Hey, we'll be taking you up on that offer when we ride down to the Mod v. Rockers event in Chicago!!..

ohiocaferacer said:
Just checking in........down the Columbus way!

Later,
Greg
www.OHIOCAFERACERS.com

Hey Greg,

Welcome to the site. I'm quite familiar with you work. You've got some awesome stuff going on down there. Hope to meet up with you this summer. Check back often.

Eric

hey whats up.... this is teighlor frome cleveland....anyone else nearby?

72cb450......

We should plan an event/ride for the few of us here. Of course, I have to get my bike running well enough to attend but that said, who is up for it? There has to be somewhere we can meet and ride that is accessable to all of us. I've already posted that I will be volunteering at the Japanese bike days at the AMA museum in Pickerington on June 2. I will also probably volunteer to work the Vintage bike days as well though it's too soon for me to know.

I'm in Pickerington, although I won't be riding anytime soon. The bike still won't start and I have no idea why. Rebuilding the carbs and replacing the points didn't help at all.

Now I'm stumped.

I share your pain, CB350. I've got a short somewhere that keeps blowing the main fuse. I found my left turn signal wires were frayed but that wasn't it. But I do know it's somewhere in the rat's nest area (as if that narrows it down!). I think Kuyarico and I might try to make it down to the museum, if I can get my bike sorted out that is.

So your engine turns over but won't fire?

Yep, turns over but won't fire. It was running great, started to die at stop signs/stop lights and now won't start at all. The carbs have been rebuilt and the points replaced. Tomorrow I'm going to replace the plugs and try some starter fluid.

After that I will be at a loss for what to try next. The battery is good, there is spark, gas and from what I can tell everything else is ok.

CB350 said:
Yep, turns over but won't fire. It was running great, started to die at stop signs/stop lights and now won't start at all. The carbs have been rebuilt and the points replaced. Tomorrow I'm going to replace the plugs and try some starter fluid.

After that I will be at a loss for what to try next. The battery is good, there is spark, gas and from what I can tell everything else is ok.

I had the same problem with my cb350 and I couldnt figure it out for a long time.
Turned out that the screw on the red battery cable kept coming loose to the point where the power cable wouldnt touch the connector.

Just a thought...

Checked and that's fine. In fact, I've pretty much checked everything at this point. Right now I think the perfect tool for the job is a grenade! ;D

hey kuyarico, besides the big AMA vintage gig, any other big events for cafe racers for the summer? i'm debating whether i should hit up chi-town or cleveland for a roady (and maybe seeing if there's interest here in the t-dot) ... cleveland would be easy afta work, chi-town is another few hours... oh yeah, any good hostels in the downtown area?

Where are you from KZ? Cleveland is largely a Harley town. I've been looking for a vintage ride but haven't really found any. We'll have to get our own ride together.

Kuyarico said:
Where are you from KZ? Cleveland is largely a Harley town. I've been looking for a vintage ride but haven't really found any. We'll have to get our own ride together.

just outside toronto. been to the ama vintage gig before? i think Honda has a homecoming thing in cleveland/ohio no? did we miss that? just getting ideas, and i hear clevelands a nice city to visit . . .

kzromey said:
just outside toronto. been to the ama vintage gig before? i think Honda has a homecoming thing in cleveland/ohio no? did we miss that? just getting ideas, and i hear clevelands a nice city to visit . . .

Cleveland is decent place to visit. I have friends from the GTA that come down here regularly. I'll do some research into the homecoming thing, but I've never heard of it. I'll keep you all posted.

looks like it's the same weekend as the ama vintage weekend.

http://ohio.honda.com/news/HomeComing/index.cfm

so how far's lexington from marysville?

. . . now i'm getting a little excited... ;D

dunno if these addresses are right.
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&qq=1ADqpk24ofB7KVLtdQLUQZgoEaSs4PTMjl6NrZ5PqEd0j0PZb4grwvyzhCmOsDf9z70O81xLloBa5vLEYeOxoDSXuk8%252bBp0XKf4%252fg6xUWjPiNsf51w7HMgjOygwR6660gMt3XLvWjerUeOduw4k7Xl9Yg7oINGR94dYFLMn3iGBBHA0itBR6R1lnS%252fRC4fU9QjCNBnI9mOvCU9nD4jW8Uwsll0G4GDpq&ct=NA&r=f&rsres=1&1y=US&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&1pn=&1a=&1c=MANSFIELD&1s=OH&1z=44904-9417&panelbtn=1&2y=US&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&2pn=&2a=24000+honda+parkway&2c=marysville&2s=oh&2z=43040

kzromey said:
looks like it's the same weekend as the ama vintage weekend.

http://ohio.honda.com/news/HomeComing/index.cfm

so how far's lexington from marysville?

. . . now i'm getting a little excited... ;D

dunno if these addresses are right.
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&qq=1ADqpk24ofB7KVLtdQLUQZgoEaSs4PTMjl6NrZ5PqEd0j0PZb4grwvyzhCmOsDf9z70O81xLloBa5vLEYeOxoDSXuk8%252bBp0XKf4%252fg6xUWjPiNsf51w7HMgjOygwR6660gMt3XLvWjerUeOduw4k7Xl9Yg7oINGR94dYFLMn3iGBBHA0itBR6R1lnS%252fRC4fU9QjCNBnI9mOvCU9nD4jW8Uwsll0G4GDpq&ct=NA&r=f&rsres=1&1y=US&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&1pn=&1a=&1c=MANSFIELD&1s=OH&1z=44904-9417&panelbtn=1&2y=US&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&2pn=&2a=24000+honda+parkway&2c=marysville&2s=oh&2z=43040

That sounds like it could be a nice weekend of riding. The only problem would be transporting swap meet items, that is if you intend on checking that out. Supposed to be a great place to find parts.

Back
Top Bottom