Hoosier DTT Crew

Howdy y'all. I'm originally from mid-Missouri but I've lived in Terre Haute for about 11 years now. I'm working on a Suzuki GN400 this winter, hoping to get it done by Summer next.

Anyone in the Indy area deal with CRC2? I'm going to be in town this weekend and I need a couple of things they have... How are they to deal with?

-Deek

Tifun said:
He's good and has a lot of stuff. Reminds me of the soup nazi from Seinfeld.

NO PARTS FOR YOU!!!

Thanks. It's easy stuff... a switch and a rebuild kit for my front caliper, but I also want to ask about a piston; I know they often have parts 'n pieces laying around.

-Deek

ILoveThumpers said:
NO PARTS FOR YOU!!!

Thanks. It's easy stuff... a switch and a rebuild kit for my front caliper, but I also want to ask about a piston; I know they often have parts 'n pieces laying around.

-Deek

He has shit everywhere, you'll be amazed at how much stuff he has in such a small area. I dont take him as the kinda guy to keep up on used parts on a website. He's a good guy, Tifuns analogy is spot on.

JSJamboree said:
He has shit everywhere, you'll be amazed at how much stuff he has in such a small area. I dont take him as the kinda guy to keep up on used parts on a website. He's a good guy, Tifuns analogy is spot on.

Whatever you do don't ask stupid questions and always allow him to finish what he is saying. If you do that, he is a really cool and knowledgeable dude. I have spent a lot of time and money there.

ILoveThumpers said:
Great advice! Do you think it would be worth calling ahead for the piston?

It's worth a shot. Be advised that even though their hours are 12-6, they sometimes don't show up until 12:30ish. Also, they don't have call waiting so if you get a busy signal, keep calling back. Once you get through, his wife will answer and get your info. Then you have to wait for Rob to get free and he will answer your questions. It's a weird system but it works. haha

JSJamboree said:

Yeah, I didn't see any kind of a parts inventory (except new stuff) on the website. I imagine keeping that inventory up to date would be a total waste of time anyway. It kind of reminds me of how Spitbits used to be back in the day. There was an online inventory of their breaker yard but it was super generic. You could search for a part for a '77 Spit and it would just say "we have 6 in the yard, chances are one of those cars has what you need!"

Looking forward to visiting. I hear nothing but good things.

-Deek

ILoveThumpers said:
Looking forward to visiting. I hear nothing but good things.

-Deek

Hey Deek, you weren't around when I posted another Hoosier resource. Don't know if Decatur would be any closer to you but the there is D&A Motorcycle Salvage... Awesome place and Dave is one of the "Good Ol Guy". Prices aren't anything to great but if you need it.... I did a post with tones of pics a while back but with "websots" goin belly up the links are all broken now except the one I attached direct...

index.php

Thanks, HD. I'm in Terre Haute, so that's a bit of a haul for me. I do go to Ft. Wayne occasionally so I might drop by the next time I'm in the neighborhood.

Also, if you're in the Terre Haute area, there's a bearing shop here in town Coldwell Bearing Co. on Wabash. They not only carry tons of bearings but also o-rings, circlips, they make custom length hoses and are all really nice guys too.

I got a stainless front brake line for $44 today and they just gave me the o-ring and circlip I needed. "Just a few pennies, don't worry about it". Like I said, nice guys.

-Deek

Marco checking in! Keep an eye out for me on the NW side (Pike/Zionsville). Ill be the Orange CB750 that you hear coming from 12 miles out (4 into 1 header, nothing else)

riotcontrol said:
Marco checking in! Keep an eye out for me on the NW side (Pike/Zionsville). Ill be the Orange CB750 that you hear coming from 12 miles out (4 into 1 header, nothing else)
hola

-Keith

75 cb750 just traded back to one of the original owners. :'(

Attachments

• 1185897_10201340373489483_939824377_n.jpg
    1185897_10201340373489483_939824377_n.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 607
Back
Top Bottom