building a better bol d'or - a n d DONE!

Re: building a better bol d'or (super sport for you north americans ;-) )

Basement rat said:

gee. tough crowd :D

How's this:

frontWheel.jpg

I've put the 'conventional' forks on for the time being, because I can't be stuffed working out the USD set just yet ::)

I know these fit. Got my new calipers mounted (you can see the originals hanging by the lines), and need to measure the lengths for some more braided lines. Not sure the CBR900 replacement set will fit with these handlebars?

cockPit.jpg

Got all the wiring sorted, except for the (redundant) fuel gauge. It keeps flashing 'low' because it's not getting a signal. I'm looking at hard-wiring it to stop that, just waiting to hear back from the distributor.

front-on.jpg

notice the handlebar-end device to stop me gouging (more) skin off me head while I'm bobbing around the workshop on my wheelie-stool wiring this sucker ;)

motor.jpg

I'm really liking this 'metalic charcoal' paint.

front2.jpg

headOn.jpg

Still waiting for my rear tyre. I want a 170 and it's taking awhile to get one, so no bum-pics until I get rid of that old (CBX) comstar ;D

I'm having some trouble finding someone to weld my tank together. As soon a you mention 'petrol tank', all the panel beaters start shivering and sweating ???

Still, it's a big phone book.

cheers
ian

I thought you were already on stage three. Looks like you have another bike I would put them on that bike. Which kit for the harness did you get. i am gonna make my own harness and your kit looked like it had everything i needed but i couldn't find one that looked like yours. Keep it up.

thompsonmx100 said:
I thought you were already on stage three. Looks like you have another bike I would put them on that bike.

I actually have 2 other bikes ;D One of them is a cb400f that I'm thinking of tearing apart. It currently has cbr600 forks, but I've just seen a guy on here that's put a pair of USDs on a cb350 and it looks shit-hot: megrpirate's CB 350 cafe STEALTH. That might be an option?

Which kit for the harness did you get. i am gonna make my own harness and your kit looked like it had everything i needed but i couldn't find one that looked like yours.

I got a CK4, and CK5 from Vintage connectors, along with some misc. bits like tape and pvc sleeving. They had everything except the flag connectors for the indicator relay and horns. I got them from vehicle wiring products.

Keep it up

cheers
ian

God... that engine... Il be back in 5 min...

hmmm is your tire on backwards?? ???

man that front end looks awesome!!!

hurley209 said:
hmmm is your tire on backwards?? ???

nope, that's the correct rotation for these. I know what you mean tho' there's a few tyres going around that appear to mounted backwards.

whoa thats pretty cool, i seem to always learn something new everytime im lookin around the forum.

Great project!

Well, all the panel-beaters around here are girls :evil:

None of them wanted to know about working on my tank. I bit the bullet and bought a torch and did the bloody thing myself! Took a few heat/test/cool/fix cycles to get it fuel-tight, but I got there in the end. I've probably had to use more bog than if I had a pro do it, but that was never going to be an option any time soon.

This is probably the last guide-coat before I prime her up:

tankFiller3.jpg

I'll need to clean it all out again, because it has started to brown-up a bit with all that water going through it. Then I'll line it.

cheers
ian

That motor is beautiful. Pure art...

nice work so far! I'm diggin it.

Its quite off but I thought you would appreciate it.

cbxmar11.jpg

dijon215.jpg

I`m drooling......give us some more!! :p great build!

6 under-seat exhaust pipes. doesn't get much better than that ;)

nice find.

bikeboy said:
6 under-seat exhaust pipes. doesn't get much better than that ;)

nice find.

Just needs some bullet hole stickers on the tank. Haha. That's a little too much for my taste...

Heres some pics of a nice cbx
http://vintagefighters.yuku.com/topic/456?page=3

Man I feel a little let down...I was hoping for updates! Not that the CBX isn't nice.

Back
Top Bottom