building a better bol d'or - a n d DONE!

strike while the iron's hot

Well, due to a spelling mistake in the listing, I was able to pick these up REAL cheap, so. Why wouldn't ya??

brembos.jpg

I didn't anticipate any problems with the 4-pot Nissins, but hey, they ain't Brembos ;)

Just another job for the to-do list.

cheers
ian

Re: building a better bol d'or (super sport for you north americans ;-) )

nice now that will be some stopping powder! just be sure that you rebuild them first man, they are used brakes and could aways use a cleaning

JRK5892 said:
nice now that will be some stopping powder! just be sure that you rebuild them first man, they are used brakes and could aways use a cleaning

will do. got some new pads on order too ;-)

cheers
ian

well. It's still a build-thread ;D

post-inspection slab-work:

slab.jpg

gone from 18 square meters (red), to 54 square meters. The only thing I regret is the money not being spent on my bikes :'(

+ another 2 grand for the fence :'(

well, not *directly*. I'm sure they'll be happy in their new home. I'll get back to them soon, promise ::)

cheers
ian

My appologies, but I JUST found this.
My highest compliments! Brilliant stuff, please keep it coming!
-KR

just add water...

Gee, you don't get much for your money with sheds :(

I'm hoping this will magically expand into a 6 x 9m facility.

flatPak.jpg

Is it too much to expect all the wiring/power will happen automagically too ::)

I'll let you know.

ian

The magic little gremlins never helped with my boat, they may be on they're way to build your shed.

Re: building a better bol d'or - work (finally) resumes

Well, the shed-fairies have been and worked their magic and my shed is up ;D

Also had a sparky mate do all the wiring-so now I have lights and power. Also started welding my workbench.

bench.jpg

Next thing I know a big old delivery truck rocks up and drops off some goodies. Well. Actually they only delivered them because I bought them 2 days earlier ;)

pallets.jpg

So, I just had to stop welding, and do some assembly. First cab off the rank:

lift.jpg

So, it seemed like a good opportunity to fit the new chain and sprokets I've been sitting on for weeks

chainFitted.jpg

And the second package turned itself into a blasting cabinet. With a bit of help from me ;)

Naturally I had to try out the bag of soda that came with it. See if you can spot the diference:

blasted.jpg

Good news and bad news of the caliper front. I've just rebuilt them both and ordered new pads for them. I went to fit them up just now, and they don't fit :(

I can clearance them for the rotor, but the mounting holes don't align. They're to far out by about 4mm :mad: :mad:

Looks like I have a spare pair of brembos for my next project.

Anyway. Things are starting to move again on the project. I've ordered my decals, and they should be here soon. Now I can get to work painting shit ;D

Thanks for your patience gang.

cheers
ian

Those bike lifts are great - my old boss from the shop I worked in was the Oz distributor for Handi Lifts - so we had 3 in the shop for me to use on the bikes. Makes life SO much easier ;D

As for the calipers, is that 4mm TOTAL difference? If so, you could drill out the fork mount holes to mate them. Seriously, there will be enough meat there to make it work ;)

hillsy said:
As for the calipers, is that 4mm TOTAL difference? If so, you could drill out the fork mount holes to mate them. Seriously, there will be enough meat there to make it work ;)

Yeah, my back already thanks me for the lift ;)

yeah, 4mm overall. that would be 2 from each bolt-hole. I'm a little concerned that that might be too much? Happy to be advised otherwise.

this is how it is at the moment. The bolt flange just about covers the whole mounting boss:

caliprBolt.jpg

cheers
ian

Oops - for some reason I thought you were still using the Bol Dor forks, not USD. They look a bit "thin" in the mounts. You'd probably need to get some adaptor plates made up (if anything), or get some other calipers.

No problem. I still have the 'original' 4-pot nissins, so I'm pretty sure they'll be fine. Just thought I'd snag a bargain with the brembos. Looks like I'll have to find a set of forks to match. Next project ;)

ian

I just read the whole thread from start to here!! Very, very impressive!! 8) 8) 8) You've got some mad skillz! Love it!!

I'm a Kawi Guy at heart, but (geez, please don't tell anyone ;) ) I have a soft spot for CB's too! My old bud had a wicked CB1100F back in "the day"!

I'll "stay tuned" now! :D

Drewski said:
I just read the whole thread from start to here!! Very, very impressive!! 8) 8) 8) You've got some mad skillz! Love it!!

nah. I don't have much other than the ability to read alot of forums, gather a few ideas, and bolt things together. I'm no fabricator or anything.

I have a soft spot for CB's too! My old bud had a wicked CB1100F back in "the day"!

cool. I also have an 1100F waiting for some attention ;) That one however will be a restoration. There's too few of them around IMO.

[/quote]

bikeboy said:
nah. I don't have much other than the ability to read alot of forums, gather a few ideas, and bolt things together. I'm no fabricator or anything.

Ya, my "skillz" are limited to dreaming, buying bits and twirling a few wrenches! ;D

bikeboy said:
cool. I also have an 1100F waiting for some attention ;) That one however will be a restoration. There's too few of them around IMO.

Well, the way you're lookin' after that 900, I'm sure the 1100 will be sweet!! 8) 8)

Re: building a better bol d'or - parts trickle in

This was waiting for me when I got home tonight:

VH-2.jpg

Couldn't leave it in the box eh?

Also got a considerably smaller parcel:

flag.jpg

Re: building a better bol d'or - some more progress

Well thrillseekers. The shed's complete. The weather is warm, and what have we here??

ready.jpg

If I didn't know any better, I'd say that's a line of panels waiting for a top-coat??

Yes. I believe this guys has pulled his finger out, and has finally got around to spraying that uber-expensive Electric Orange pearl paint he's had for about 6 months.

orangeSidePanel.jpg

Wow! shit-fucking-hot!!

orangeTank.jpg

Can't wait to see that clear-coated. Can you imagine how great that will look then?? And with the decals??

winner :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

enjoy.
ian

I LOVE this build...keep it comin'!
-KR

Greetings from Sweden!
I have followed your work with great interest and I am very impressed! Here up north it´s a bit cold to ride now though. About 15 degrees below zero, celsius that is. Every time I stop by this site and see your amazing build it makes me hate the winter a bit more!

Keep up the good work and remember that you inspire people even in Sweden! ;D

Back
Top Bottom