Garage Project Motorcycles #6 - "GUNDA" - CB500 Street Tracker

I'll get some answers to your questions soon guys.

Not much happening at the moment. Just waiting for the tank to come back from paint and we'll put it back together.

2012-12-14%2018.02.07.jpg

2012-12-14%2017.59.27.jpg

Gave the head to someone three weeks ago to clean up and they gave it back to us yesterday in exactly the same condition. Gotta love that. We'll blast it, remove the 30 years of carbon build up and face the valve seats ourselves etc. It'll run so much smoother but it has slowed us down at least 3 weeks.

After our experience with The Brat we decided to modify the original speedo rather than use an after market unit. What do you reckon?
IMG_20121218_193018.jpg

I like your work! I´m also following on instagram (just realized as i saw the speedo)

Got a similiar project running.. but like the half of it.. cubic, budget and skill

can't wait to see it all buttoned up! i love your choice of helmet. i have the same one, but in yellow. i love the moto 3's!

AWESOME!

I'm gonna steal your idea of not making a hoop, but chopping the tubes like you did.

Seems like everytime I come back, the first thing I have to do is apologise for lack of updates. Sorry guys.

Yes that is a cobra kit in the background.

The wrinkle paint used on the engine is available at any auto store. Simply ask for VHT wrinkle paint. Read the instructions and practice it first. Can be a bit tricky but the effect is amazing on the right bike.

The engine has been put back together and put back in the bike.
IMG_8638.jpg

We ceramic coated the pipes and welded on a vintage supertrapp.
IMG_9020.jpg

The paint sparkles in the sun, should come up good with some proper photography.
IMG_6031.jpg

Bike will be finished this week and then we'll find some dirt roads for a photo shoot. We'll be showing it at the Jap Bike Show in mid April and will release the pics from the photo shoot then.

Bert Jan said:
AWESOME!

I'm gonna steal your idea of not making a hoop, but chopping the tubes like you did.

Told you.. :p

image-5_zps941e781b.jpeg

As you can see i also made little pieces of tubing in the big frame tubes, with 6mm holes for the fender-bolts. Found that was even cleaner.

Back
Top Bottom