"Cafe Racer" such a loose term! Craigslist "Gem" of the week!

deviant said:
I hope the guy that welded the tank on that Raccia bike didn't get paid $16 bucks.

it's meant to look like that man.... jeez, don't you appreciate the imperfections of hand-crafted objects or would you rather have the superfluity of decent welds and smoothly crafted bodywork?

JSJamboree said:
I really dont get it, they did nothing special to that bike, looks like every other 750 out there. They may have $3k into it. They said its 'named after the Japanese aesthetic' im assuming that wabi-sabi (since they didn't actually say its name).. Thats the case, this is a CB750 wabi-sabi bike, and I bet he didn't even pay $16k for it.. http://www.pipeburn.com/home/2014/07/21/76-honda-cb750-by-raccia-motorcycles.html#.U81VobHkpxU
well..as poorly built and unride-able as it is, plus the dicklicking jargon,they are obviously feeling a sense of entitlement

Here's the "Wabi-Sabi Say Hi to Miyagi" on ebay for $10,000, I guess the $17,000 was a bit more negotiable than they let on with their Kijiji ad, or they messed up the Canadian currency conversion, or perhaps just thought we dipshits in Toronto have superfluous bags of cash and *really* love us some matte 750s. Either way, my 550 is now for sale for $16,000 since it's gloss black and chrome but I'll throw in a couple sheets of 1500 grit patina-cloth to take care of that. Total bargain.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ebaymotors/1976-Honda-CB750-K-034-Wabi-Sabi-034-Custom-Cafe-Racer-Motorcycle-by-Powder-Monkees-/281388974544?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item41841701d0&forcev4exp=true

Why isn't the seat black?

Where are the black rubber carb top boots?

How come the carb bowl drain hoses aren't black?

How come on the front motor mount, one bolt is black but the other two are silver? Why aren't they all black?

Why aren't the control and instrument cables run properly?

Why aren't they running a proper top triple clamp with the clip ons? All that unneeded hardware is adding to the cost and drag.

These are the things I want to know before I plop down my opening bid of 9k.

dg1 said:

How come on the front motor mount, one bolt is black but the other two are silver? Why aren't they all black?

Why aren't they running a proper top triple clamp with the clip ons? All that unneeded hardware is adding to the cost and drag.

None more black?

Re: "Cafe Racer" such a loose term! Craigslist "Gem" of the week!

Needs some work but she would be purdy...

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=351121687117

Re: "Cafe Racer" such a loose term! Craigslist "Gem" of the week!

ABCanuck said:
Needs some work but she would be purdy...

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=351121687117

Yeah nice! They'd have to work on the price too... but it has potential.

This worth it from a parts perspective?

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/mcy/4536611383.html

Doh!
AaronCook.com_Homer_Simpson.gif

dg1 said:

Hi, thanks for your message. I'm happy to answer your questions:

Why isn't the seat black? Why should it be? I designed this motorcycle the way I thought it would look best. The seat was hand crafted by a local leather-smith according to my design specifications. If you'd like it better black, you're more than free to customize it to your liking once the motorcycle is in your possession.

Where are the black rubber carb boots? The carbs were fully disassembled and carefully cleaned and rebuilt by hand. The original rubber dust covers were missing, which is common for a wearable part on a 40 year old motorcycle. We've rebuilt many of these motorcycles and their carbs and unless you plan to ride in the heavy mud or through desert sands, these carb covers aren't very crucial, nor worth the ridiculously high price they cost to replace. Again, if you purchase the motorcycle, you're free to purchase a set and install them.

How come the carb bowl drain hoses aren't black? When the carbs are rebuilt, we discard the old worn out parts. The original carb drain hoses were rotted and replaced with clear fuel line. I didn't see a problem with this and I consider it an upgrade now that the fuel flow through the hoses can be visually monitored. If you prefer black, that is another aesthetic change you're free to make once the motorcycle is yours.

How come on the front motor mount, one bolt is black but the other two are silver? Why aren't they all black? When the motor was removed from the frame and completely serviced, it was coated with a black ceramic-based high heat enamel. The hardened steel motor mount bolt was refinished and coated along with the engine block, while the 2 frame bolts were replaced with new stainless steel bolts. (In fact, all the original coated steel bolts that were weathered have been replaced with modern stainless steel bolts.)

Why aren't the control and instrument cables run properly? They are run properly. If you can't tell there are some modifications to the front end of the motorcycle, which then required the re-routing of cables to avoid contact with the wheel. This configuration is completely proper for all associated systems.

Why aren't they running a proper top triple clamp with the clip ons? I'm not sure understand how clip-ons work; they clamp onto the fork tubes rendering the original handlebar clamps on the triple tree unused. We sometimes shave the originals down or replace the top triple clamp, but in this case an aesthetic design decision was made to produce a more vintage/mechanical look to the dashboard.

Finally, I'm not sure if you're trolling with these questions or just not quite familiar with these motorcycles, but I want to reiterate that, despite being fully, completely, and professionally rebuilt, restored, and modified; this is still a 40 year old motorcycle. If you're looking for a stock period CB750 you may want to google what that looks like and head more in that direction. The motorcycle for sale in this auction has been rebuilt and modernized as much as was required to be a reliable and roadworthy machine. If you're decision to place a bid hinges on a few minor aesthetic quirks, we'd be happy to adjust them to your liking before taking delivery, once you've purchased the motorcycle.

Thank you for your time.

the stupid fucker ruined the front susension as well as decreasing the cornering clearance and rake and trail to the point of being a death trap

pro builder my ass OFF WITH HIS HANDS !!!

farmer92 said:
Hi, thanks for your message. I'm happy to answer your questions:

Why isn't the seat black? Why should it be? I designed this motorcycle the way I thought it would look best. The seat was hand crafted by a local leather-smith according to my design specifications. If you'd like it better black, you're more than free to customize it to your liking once the motorcycle is in your possession.

Where are the black rubber carb boots? The carbs were fully disassembled and carefully cleaned and rebuilt by hand. The original rubber dust covers were missing, which is common for a wearable part on a 40 year old motorcycle. We've rebuilt many of these motorcycles and their carbs and unless you plan to ride in the heavy mud or through desert sands, these carb covers aren't very crucial, nor worth the ridiculously high price they cost to replace. Again, if you purchase the motorcycle, you're free to purchase a set and install them.

How come the carb bowl drain hoses aren't black? When the carbs are arerebuilt, we discard the old worn out parts. The original carb drain hoses were rotted and replaced with clear fuel line. I didn't see a problem with this and I consider it an upgrade now that the fuel flow through the hoses can be visually monitored. If you prefer black, that is another aesthetic change you're free to make once the motorcycle is yours.

How come on the front motor mount, one bolt is black but the other two are silver? Why aren't they all black? When the motor was removed from the frame and completely serviced, it was coated with a black ceramic-based high heat enamel. The hardened steel motor mount bolt was refinished and coated along with the engine block, while the 2 frame bolts were replaced with new stainless steel bolts. (In fact, all the original coated steel bolts that were weathered have been replaced with modern stainless steel bolts.)

Why aren't the control and instrument cables run properly? They are run properly. If you can't tell there are some modifications to the front end of the motorcycle, which then required the re-routing of cables to avoid contact with the wheel. This configuration is completely proper for all associated systems.

Why aren't they running a proper top triple clamp with the clip ons? I'm not sure understand how clip-ons work; they clamp onto the fork tubes rendering the original handlebar clamps on the triple tree unused. We sometimes shave the originals down or replace the top triple clamp, but in this case an aesthetic design decision was made to produce a more vintage/mechanical look to the dashboard.

Finally, I'm not sure if you're trolling with these questions or just not quite familiar with these motorcycles, but I want to reiterate that, despite being fully, completely, and professionally rebuilt, restored, and modified; this is still a 40 year old motorcycle. If you're looking for a stock period CB750 you may want to google what that looks like and head more in that direction. The motorcycle for sale in this auction has been rebuilt and modernized as much as was required to be a reliable and roadworthy machine. If you're decision to place a bid hinges on a few minor aesthetic quirks, we'd be happy to adjust them to your liking before taking delivery, once you've purchased the motorcycle.

Thank you for your time.

Back
Top Bottom