1977 CB750 cafe racer build

great job man!
watching with interest!
hopefully i will b able to find cb750 for myself sometime soon too...

Legionnaire said:
Do you have pictures of where you hid all your electrical?

I hid the electrical in a box under the seat cushion. The drawings for the box are in this post some place. It's a bolt on

biker_reject said:
I have been forever looking for that trim that you used for your seat cowl. Where in the world did you find it???

This is from McMaster.com I think I posted the part number on here somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverfox said:
Did you have to get a custom brake line for this bike? and if so where did you end up getting one?

Yes, they were replacement braided lines. I can't remember where I got them though.

www.CognitoMoto.com

Can you show another picture how you mounted the seat to the frame please? Also what front end is that, I want to swap my break caliper to behind the fork but people on here where saying I need to modify the Speedo drive also yet I can't seem to find a how to on how this is done.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

quadracer351 said:
Can you show another picture how you mounted the seat to the frame please? Also what front end is that, I want to swap my break caliper to behind the fork but people on here where saying I need to modify the Speedo drive also yet I can't seem to find a how to on how this is done.

This was as far as I know an f model fork. The seat you want rivet nuts to mount. I think I have pics further back in this thread. Bike is no longer here so can't add new pics

Yeah I saw those pictures but couldn't clearly make out where the rivets went through, did you go right through the frame? I was thinking of running a hollow rivet through the frame with bolts running through the seat and fasten it with wing nuts. How did you thread the bolt through the frame, from under the frame and up into the seat?

quadracer351 said:
Yeah I saw those pictures but couldn't clearly make out where the rivets went through, did you go right through the frame? I was thinking of running a hollow rivet through the frame with bolts running through the seat and fasten it with wing nuts. How did you thread the bolt through the frame, from under the frame and up into the seat?

Here's a pan I just did

asysuge8.jpg

SpeedBump said:
I've never taken apart a motor before. Ive changed head gaskets and cams on an evo i had but for some reason i was nervous to take apart this motor. Just downloaded manual and went for it. If you see something off please let me know thanks!
Can you pm the link for the manual ?

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Read this threat many times, great work and attention to detail. It actually made me change my original idea of cb550 tank to a CX500 (for my CB750 project), which I just got today! now gotta figure out how to mount it.

thank your for documenting everything, it even helps years after it was done. :D

Back
Top Bottom