I don't get it.

mysta2

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
Saw one of these this morning on my way to work... he waved at me... I was conflicted :)

quadrazuma7.jpg

...but I waved back anyway.

I was hearing the ads in my head for the rest of the morning: "Have you ever wanted to combine all the disadvantages of a car and motorcycle into one, but without all the annoying benifits of either? Try the new..."

And then believe it or not I saw one of these on my way to lunch.

04spyder_span.jpg

Or at least I think it was one of those... there were bushes in the median between us. She (I think) didn't wave... I wasn't conflicted. It's like there's all of a sudden an exploding market in North Texas for "motorcycles" for people with vertigo.

And both riders (...drivers?) were wearing full gear and fullface helmets. Wouldn't that be like wearing a fullface and leathers while driving your Miata?

I don't even know what that first thing is.... Was it an ATV at one point? All pimped out by Xhibit? YEaaaahhhh, boyeeeee!

You certainly picked the right car, Miata for the comment. The Spyder is an interesting concept from Can Am, but not so sure I would ride one. Unless of course I was racing against TRON, then I would totally need one. In red.

loudest143
*yep, a tron reference this early in the day. NERD ALERT

Just saw another of those Rotax/CanAm things on the highway a few minutes ago, but with two girls on it. No gear, tank tops...

...maybe these things aren't all bad.

loudest143 said:
I don't even know what that first thing is.... Was it an ATV at one point? All pimped out by Xhibit? YEaaaahhhh, boyeeeee!

i'm embarassed to know...but flava flav says that

and 2 girls in tank tops, i could use seeing that around here

I got the TRON reference
I 2nd the Flava Flaaaaaaaayv correction...

1st thing.. you DO NOT wave at that... that.. wtf.. that fakkin thing... if anything, you look him/her in the eyes, shake your head "NO" and look away disgusted.

2nd.. To scooters.. do they frown upon this?

piaggio3a.jpg

it makes me upset.

The can am crew are at the track at daytona twice a year giving demos for those things. I rode one on a dare, last bike week. All I can say is that its f**king terrable at slow speed turning. Aside from that, its allot like a atv, just more awkward and dorky.

They have that, "it's cool, but not for me" factor. I can definately see the advantages for disabled/less skilled riders who still want that upright, open air experience, but don't want to be stuffed behind someone else.

http://www.lazareth.org/

Some pretty wild supercharged customs from this French shop... 2, 3 and 4 wheeled

BTW... they make a V12 version of the Quadrazuma... YIKES! :eek:

SammoT120 said:
hey hey .. he can always read the menu... as long as he eats at home.

Haha okay :). Well for me (Not married but in a serious relationship) it's okay to look, just don't take it too far in your thoughts, as if what'd you do to it/that person.

You can't keep birds from flying over your head but you can keep them from building a nest on it.

Anyway, I just saw a yellow Spyder at church today. My dad's kind of interested in it, but he actually wants a bike and a sidecar to take my mom in haha!

Darmstro said:
They have that, "it's cool, but not for me" factor.

Yeah, it's not my thing either. I do think it's weirdly ghetto cool! I'd kind of like to see a modded out CanAm. Might be a thrilling ride, don't you think?

Believe it or not, my county just legalized ATVs for street use even though all ATVs come with manufacturers stickers stating that these vehicles are not suited for paved roadways! In-freakin'-credible! I can understand if they are farm vehicles (with liquid fertilizer, etc.) that may need limited access to county roads, but to allow them to travel on main roads is beyond f'ed up!

SammoT120 said:
hey hey .. he can always read the menu... as long as he eats at home.
i was gonna say "just cause you're on a diet doesn't mean you can't check out the menu. Just never order."

And those four wheelers are lame. Either get a car or a bike not both wrapped into one. The only thing like those that I actually like is a t-rex, simply because it's super low and has the potential to be really fast and maneuverable with a bit of modifications. Other than that there's always the new Ariel Atom coming out with 500hp that is the closes thing to an f-1 car one could get on the street (for weight to power comparisons sake.)

Exactly, buy an Ariel, I guarantee it will give you more of a thrill than either of those things do. That first one is just somebody trying to show off...

I want an Atom!!! Actually, I think the aesthetics of the Can Am is much more appealing than the T-Rex. It (T-Rex) looks like a kit car to me.

Here's the closest I've been to riding one of the Can Ams:

Bike_Show_025.jpg

Not my type of ride, but I do love the accessories. ;)

Now the T-Rex. That I'd love to give a try.
Vrooom

Nice, Woof! I'd like to see a Can-Am with clip-ons and a bit more HP. I think they top out at 120mph? I really have to wonder how a 4 wheeled sportbike handles... I bet it sucks!

Back
Top Bottom