daily/weekly threads v. 1

go!

Threat Level: giggles and sunshine
DTT SUPPORTER
lets hear about your week/weekend. rants and raves. whatever is on your mind.

1. i've been working a lot on the bike, and haven't spent so much time with the SO. he's been playing golf as much as i've been working on the bike. i guess it's lucky we live together, or i would have seen him about 2 hours this week :-[
1a. he wanted to go golfing for father's day, so i was ok with that. then his father decided he didn't want to go. my SO decided to go anyway. i'm fairly upset about this, as i had cancelled all plans to spend the day with him.
1b. i went and saw a movie with a friend last night, and invited SO. he had excuses, so that frustrated me even more
1c. this morning he "thought i was too mad to cuddle" so he didn't even make the effort. now i NEED to work on the bike today.. maybe something will come in the mail and i can work off my frustration.
2. my hours at work just got changed from working 9-6. i thought they were changing to 8-4, and i got all excited. in fact, they are being changed to 7:45-6. i can't express my disappointment.
3. hopefully lots of parts will arrive this week and things will look better
4. maybe it won't rain all week like it did last week and all weekend. except of course sunday, when i'd hoped to go for a ride or take photos with the SO.

sorry, nothing but rants on my end so far this week. my rat just peed on me. perhaps i'll have something Lovely to add later

your turn!

Ummm.....where to start?

Work schedule got changed to a five day week. I've been working 4 day weeks for 4 years now and in the field I'm in, not having the third day off kills me. Not to mention the extra childcare that's gonna cost me.

Girlfriend lost her job, so I'm staring at a bunch of bills wondering how I'm gonna pay them on my meager social work salary.

Won a bunch of stuff for my bike on ebay that I now really can't afford, but don't want to screw up my rating by backing out on the sales so I've got a decision to make there.

Got a rad offer on some engine work on my bike that would possibly jump my hp by about 20 or so that I clearly can't take up now.

Landlord toured some real estate people through my house last week then denied that he was attempting to sell so he's obviously not going to be honest about it and probably won't give me the heads up that I need when he does sell.

Found out on thurs that my big sis has breast cancer. fuck.

My softball team won our game on friday, but the other team's third base coach was talking so much shit that I had to practice deep breathing exercises so as not to turn around and pop his ass.

But on the bright side....

My almost two year old son is saying multiple words together now, says "dada!" everytime he sees a motorcycle or a helmet of any kind, walks around the house with my helmet like its a security blanket (sleeps with it, I'm not shitting you) and is possibly the cutest thing in the world. Especially awesome when he stands by the front door with said helmet, my gloves, and my jacket saying, "bye bye, bye bye, bye bye" over and over.

Father's day was kind of bammer (my gf screwed up and told me about all the stuff she was gonna do for that and my birthday which is on wednesday and then lost her job and didn't do any of it cause of the funk she's in) so my friends and I rode around for a couple hours after work and ended up at a strip club eating a really good steak. Girls weren't so good, but all in all it was a good father's day.

Mocked up my bars and tank I've been working on on the CL rolling frame I have and just sitting on it lit a fire under my ass to get my project going like nothing else could have.

And finally, my bike decided to run perfectly for the entire week. It's so odd, but some weeks it runs ok, and some weeks it really runs great. I don't get it, but on the great weeks it feels like I jumped ten horses and lost about ten gremlins.

Such is life I guess...

wow, disliked. sorry to hear.. all of that

i wanna plan a wedding :kickrock:

for today

1. after i went to the movie the other night, i decided i was no longer mad at my SO
2. i got carded at said movie. REALLY?! carded at the movie?!
3. SO and i went for a ride after work with some friends. i rode 2up with him, since none of my bikes are together atm. we hit a deer!! we both saw it considering crossing the street, and indeed it did. we'd slowed down to maybe 45 mph. only hit it's butt, and kept going. it ran off with it's ass tucked in like a dog that knows it did something wrong, or a deer that just got hit in the butt at 45 mph. it was crazy, it seemed like it was in slow motion. i said a bad word in my helmet, which i never do!

Other than my sister it's no big deal. I'm actually super stoked right now, cause I sold my custom cb450 tank with the knee indents that I made for 150 bucks plus a couple of new pod filters! It looks pretty sick on my friend's bike and now I can say that I have some custom stuff on someone else's ride. Worked on getting it painted for him last night and since he's kind of going for a rat/cafe look, he just wanted it spray bombed so we're gonna mount it tonight. Also, I won some progressive rear shocks for my 450 on ebay for 40 bucks. This was right before I was gonna shell out 60 for the most rusted out cb900 shocks you've ever seen. Things are looking up for sure...

BTW, an acquaintance of mine hit a deer on his ducati 848 at about 70 and got nothing but hair and blood on his fairings. I couldn't believe it. Witnesses said the deer flipped about 5 times before limping itself off the road. Ducs must have steel in their plastic!

I've been working like mad on my Professional Writing and Technical Writing summer class homework. I had to pester Chris F. for some info on the biz; it was enlightening to say the least.

I'm currently mulling over taking another class in Summer II that will give me the "official" professional writing emphasis designation on my transcript. Unfortunately, my current research project is depressing me with all the facts about tech writers (myself included) lacking software skills when they hit the workforce. Hopefully my recommendation report will help remedy some of that, if only at my school.

My girlfriend is moving into my house, so she's on remodel overdrive, painting the floors and redoing everything. It looks awesome. I'm kinda bummed as she's a school teacher and off and I'm stuck at school all day. It has been rather cool spending our evenings together.

Bike-wise, I'm still breaking in my new tank. I've gone through five inline filters in two weeks (I've also put five hundred plus miles on the tank commuting to class) and there's still little pieces of rust coming down the pipe. I hot tanked and rinsed the stupid thing I thought pretty well. I'm about to switch back to plain ol' fuel line, as the inline seems to be limiting the fuel flow to trickle. :-\ I don't like breaking down my carbs to clean them every week, but I don't like leaning my bike out at high speeds either. I gave the guy on ebay I bought it from a neutral score ".. a little rust but highly usable" my ass.

try flipping the "on" tab over to "reserve"
my KZ only runs for a little while if it's turned to "on".. i guess something is clogged, but it runs right on "reserve"

friday night i took it easy, went on a date with a girl that i like. it was quite nice.

saturday got up early to work my logging job. it was 95 degrees at 97% humidity. i wanted to die. but i made bank

later that night i went to a nearby college with some friends and got drunk. girl who i took on date called and told me she has no time for any kind of relationship.

drank more, got lost. woke up on buddies front porch.

golden corral makes hangovers easy.

Mentioned this in my own little thread:

Saturday I found a fraudulent charge of $20 on my account, so I headed over to the bank, had them open up a new checking and savings for me and waited till that payment cleared so I could close the old account and get a new card.

Monday, I get a call from WF Fraud Department asking if I charged $200 and $50 at Walmart. Nope, so they canceled my old card and they are sending me a new one.

I went to talk to the guy who helped me out on Saturday today, but he was off so now I'm going to go back tomorrow to get things straightened out.

Screw thieves.

go! said:
try flipping the "on" tab over to "reserve"
my KZ only runs for a little while if it's turned to "on".. i guess something is clogged, but it runs right on "reserve"

I wish-no 'reserve', only 'on/off'; it's a Paughco aftermarket petcock. :p

My step brother dropped his Civic off on the 13th so I could put in a new clutch kit. His 'mechanic' told him his TO bearing was toast so he figured he'd throw in a clutch kit while we had the tranny out. Spent a night getting that done, but the noise was still there when I put the tranny back in. Long story short, I've had the transmission out three times, split the case twice and am in the process of replacing the final bearing that could be causing the noise.

On the plus side, I can take one of these trannys out in about 45 minutes on my own now. I should be a mechanic.

On the downside. My truck is in desperate need of an oil change, a passenger side CV shaft, and new front rotors, but I don't have the room in the garage because of this devil Civic. Not even gonna mention the bike project....

mysta2 said:
wedding planning sucks :(
not for me. I'm loving it. I have no idea what's going on with mine though. I know where and when. Only thing I'm charged with is making the invitations and all the print materials since I do graphic design for a living my fiancé thought it would be fitting. I'm the one planning the honeymoon though...and by planning I mean hoping to go to hawaii.

Darmstro said:
My step brother dropped his Civic off on the 13th so I could put in a new clutch kit. His 'mechanic' told him his TO bearing was toast so he figured he'd throw in a clutch kit while we had the tranny out. Spent a night getting that done, but the noise was still there when I put the tranny back in. Long story short, I've had the transmission out three times, split the case twice and am in the process of replacing the final bearing that could be causing the noise.

On the plus side, I can take one of these trannys out in about 45 minutes on my own now. I should be a mechanic.

On the downside. My truck is in desperate need of an oil change, a passenger side CV shaft, and new front rotors, but I don't have the room in the garage because of this devil Civic. Not even gonna mention the bike project....

I should've found you last year when my Civic's engine seized. Replaced the engine - cost me a fortune, but less than a new car ;). Replaced the clutch and timing belt at the same time.

As reliable as civics are, I've certainly done my fair share of work on them. Most of it being transmission work. It'd probably be easier to swap the entire engine and transmission out cause you can just lift it out as one unit instead of working around the engine and dropping the transmission down to the ground with the engine sitting on a jackstand.

I got everything buttoned up after work today. It was throwing three codes and the speedo was bouncing. Turns out it was just a single fuse. Thank jeebus.

Darmstro said:
As reliable as civics are, I've certainly done my fair share of work on them. Most of it being transmission work. It'd probably be easier to swap the entire engine and transmission out cause you can just lift it out as one unit instead of working around the engine and dropping the transmission down to the ground with the engine sitting on a jackstand.

I got everything buttoned up after work today. It was throwing three codes and the speedo was bouncing. Turns out it was just a single fuse. Thank jeebus.

I'll probably catch flack for this, but I'm going to say the reason that happens has to do with people thinking their '98 Civic with a fartcan and air intake is the next Skunkworks (ne Skunk2) race car.
skunk2ep3.jpg

You pay to go fast ;)

Lol, true in most cases, but my step brother isn't a car guy at all. He's only had the car for about a month and it's his daily commuter, as opposed to driving his minivan back and forth to school.

Back
Top Bottom