I bought a Toaster. Yup.

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
...and when I buy a toaster, I buy a TOASTER. When I clean this bad boy up and put on a new plug, it'll crank out 1,200 slices an hour.

This is a vintage (not sure of the age) Savory vertical conveyor toaster. I think the cabinet is stainless steel. Should clean up nice. It's 30" tall, 20" wide and 15" deep.

Toast party!

Attachments

• IMG00248 (Large).jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 187
that's awesome!!

any reason you bought it?

*** NERD ALERT ***

Represto said:
I thought this thread was about cylons. :(

I'm going to get a small decal made for it: "Centurion Model 0001". The classic Centurions were model 0005.

cylon-out-of-work.jpg

Curiously this picture was taken a couple blocks from my house - I buy a lot of our steaks in that butcher shop.

It will likely end up in my dining room in the corner with something sitting on top of it. No room left in my office.

I knew it had to be a joke but I was hoping to see an early 70's airhead

...wait... you ARE an early 70's airhead ;D

I dedicate this performance to your new acquisition. Well done sir.

http://www.youtube.com/v/BILAFuSi-i0

Tim said:
Isn't "that's awesome!!" a good enough reason? ;)

yes, it is. just wondering if it was anything more than that :)

Nope. Saw it, liked it, bought it. I do like toast though. I'll polish it up a bit, see if I can make it work, and then decide what to do with it. Savory (the manufacturer) still makes commercial toasters. One like this would run about $2,000 I think new. I paid $40 for it :) So maybe some diner would be interested in a functioning vintage commercial toaster.... oh for say $1,500 - bargain price!

Well, if the Lakeview was still the Lakeview Lunch, and they hadn't changed their menu, then maybe, but they don't make much toast there anymore. Too bad - I used to enjoy slapping a bunch of peanut butter on my toast sitting at the counter there.

Maybe I'll find some fanatical toaster collector :) Or I'll just put it in my house with a flower on top and call it a day.

Tim said:
*** NERD ALERT ***

I'm going to get a small decal made for it: "Centurion Model 0001". The classic Centurions were model 0005.

cylon-out-of-work.jpg

Curiously this picture was taken a couple blocks from my house - I buy a lot of our steaks in that butcher shop.

LMAO!!

people at work are wondering why i'm cracking up at my desk...

wish tim found a real cylon.... but i guess a conveyer toaster is cool too.. has anyone watched true blood yet???

this is all very random
i wonder if that cylon begging for money will come to my next party... he's amazing!!

Maybe my next project bike will be a Centurion Model 0005 theme... although my 650 is all black and polished aluminum already.

Back
Top Bottom