www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Our 4 Wheeled Contraptions / Re: Spitfire GTS
« Last post by hooligan998 on Today at 00:34:17 »
How about a 13B or even a 20B swap?  That ever been done?  Small packages capable of some pretty good hp and work well with turbos.
SELLING / Re: Cafe Racer Seat
« Last post by clicketyclack on Nov 20, 2017, 22:23:59 »
PM sent on seat.
Loungin at da club / Anyone familiar with San Antonio TX?
« Last post by Redbird on Nov 20, 2017, 21:11:02 »
Headed there in a couple of weeks.
What else is there to see/do besides The Alamo?
Recommend any good places to eat?

Thanks in advance ;)
Loungin at da club / Re: Reciever Hitch Motorcycle Carrier Advice
« Last post by ridesolo on Nov 20, 2017, 21:03:02 »
I bet it will convert to a sweet single bike trailer with the addition of a torsion axle?  It could be nice and light and compact.

Levi, he's got a good point there.  (As much as I hate to admit it!   :D )  Make a trip over to the Shelby Mall and get one of their ready to go axle/spring set-ups or a pair of bolt-on torsion units.  You're well more than half-way toward having a nice little trailer that would be perfect behind that Flex.
Enduro / Dirt / Re: Another XT500 build
« Last post by Psycrow on Nov 20, 2017, 20:55:03 »
Stock Jetting and K&N installed along with timming set has the bike starting well. That's good enough for now, moving on to running gear and cosmetics. Mock up of instrument bracket that will double as a flyscreen mount. Mocked up with the TT speedo and ignition only... flip flopping about the tach... and looking at mini speedos with intigrated idiot lights and an LED headlight. Will go with a 12v conversion and all LED lighting with a kit from Rex's Speed Shop.
Plastics are for a TT and the rear doesn't fit very well as the rear sub on the XT and TT are slighy different... so I made up a little bracket to mount it.. this will also anchor a bracket that will run down the underside of the fender to better support the tail light and a plate mount Ill need to fab. Stripped the old vinyl off the seat, shaved the foam and reaised the rear tank mount to give it a more modern line.
Cleaned and painted the header, dry fitted the muffler and got some stainless fastners for the heat shields. Made a cardboard pattern for the header heat shield.

Psy

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
Our 4 Wheeled Contraptions / Re: Spitfire GTS
« Last post by Redbird on Nov 20, 2017, 20:44:47 »
Nice!
My Bro had a '73 Spitfire in High School. Had alot of fun in that car. Always dreamed of building it up with a Buick turbo 6 back then, but had no knowledge/experience to make that happen. These days would be a different story though :P
Loungin at da club / Re: Reciever Hitch Motorcycle Carrier Advice
« Last post by SONIC. on Nov 20, 2017, 18:55:54 »
Hard to tell from the picture but how far does it stick out? looks like you've got a long way between the handlebar and te window.
Moving it just a few inches closer will help a lot more than you'd think.

I moved mine as close in as possible (like 2 in off the window) and it helped a ton
Bobbers / Chops / Specials / Re: How can I speed this cg up
« Last post by cxman on Nov 20, 2017, 16:46:09 »
find a super dream 250 motor and stuff it in there

some have fit xl250 motors into them
I thought you were building a scrambler, short short fenders in mud ?,
Itís still extended past the axle a wee bit... should be plenty good enough for all but extreme riding which will never happen... not like weíve got dunes or mountains to play on here in central Illinois.  I donít expect a big old mud streak up my back as it sits. What Iím thinking about for my tail light and license plate might end up extending the mud catcher a little bit anyway. If it doesn't work well I can weld the struts back on and put a full fender back on it... I'm my own paint guy... the expense would be negligible.
Bobbers / Chops / Specials / Re: How can I speed this cg up
« Last post by The Limey on Nov 20, 2017, 16:37:00 »
Gravity.  About a thousand feet's worth.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10