cyclexchange.net CB750 Billet tripple clamp

mojomoto

I bought a cb750 tripple clamp, billet top and bottom, from cyclexchange.net in Wisconsin. Cost was under $300 delivered. Im a machinest and dont know how they can make them that cheap. They come raw machined so if you want mirror finish youll have to polish them yourself. I highly recomend this product.

new%20trees%201.JPG

mojomoto said:
I bought a cb750 tripple clamp, billet top and bottom, from cyclexchange.net in Wisconsin. Cost was under $300 delivered. Im a machinest and dont know how they can make them that cheap. They come raw machined so if you want mirror finish youll have to polish them yourself. I highly recomend this product.

economy of scale...

they probably had 100 or more made, and it doesn't hurt if you know a shop that works for cash

Yup, I LOVE doing prototype work because onesy-twosy stuff pays BANK!

Those were busted out on a CNC machine probably out of Asia, not a bad thing but the only way to really drop the price down there.

just looked at it again... 5 axis and sacrificial jig using the two holes in the middle as anchor points with a shoulder bolt, no need to run multiple setups, could probably turn out two parts per hour, even in the states that could be done cheap

Ok re-read what you just said mate.....

5-axis.......
If you play on these machines, be prepared to pay. No way around it...

sacrificial jig.....
If you're burning up secondary materials, that's cost added to the bottom line.

two an hour......
Umm...yeah......no. If you're making two pieces of this nature in two hours..while fast by manual standard..insanely fast, it's miserable thru-put for any production NC station.

Back
Top Bottom