XS650 Big Bore 750 kit??

Tunz

Been Around the Block
just wondering how many of you XS guys have used the 750 Big Bore kit from MikesXS?? Any concerns, comments or questions???? I have been thinkin about puttin a kit in one of my spare engines eventually for a bobber project! just wanted to hear what some of your experiences with it have been??

cheers

Tunz, Years ago a close friend/co-worker/riding partner ran a 750 bore on his @'71 XS650. (sorry, don't know source) after a couple blown base gaskets he in desperation he had a copper one made. & sealed w/Locktite Hi-temp sealer. which was still fine at his demise some 6-7 years later. bike ran strong, & had no mechanical probs, BUT, vibrated even harder than my BSA a65. I understand the English have a XS following, & have big bores going up to @ 820cc. Jeff (my friend) played many games w/his, & figured the real limiting factor for making significant HP gains was the flow capabilties of the head, Which he In various stages, matched,flowed,"D" shaped, & filled. As I recall, his best results was a stock intake path w/'matched manifold dias, and "golf-ball" texturing of tract. This is all 2nd hand, but perhaps will help. luck G

For more info on the 650, try the XS650 Garage site:

http://xs650temp.proboards.com/index.cgi?

To help with the vibes of the big bore, most suggest going to a 270 degree crank. You can find all the info at the garage, and yes, all the parts are available out there-cams, ignitions, etc. for the 270.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom