www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: Uncle Ernie's Inspirational Pics  (Read 1086780 times)

Offline sbaugz

• DTT BOTM winner
Re: Uncle Ernie's Inspirational Pics
« Reply #4910 on: Aug 14, 2017, 23:24:09 »
Take a look at the title of this thread.
'Uncle Ernie' would never have wanted it to turn into what it is now.
I don't mind seeing something new (which does happen occasionally ) but, a lot the same pictures keep appearing
I haven't anything to add and I'm not going 'trawling' for pictures of naked girls on motorbikes (much prefer te 'real thing' )

I don't know PJ, I just looked thru uncle ernie's photobucket link that irk posted above. There are lots of scantily clad, half naked women in that photobucket account- not a whole lot different than what people are currently posting in this thread. Doesn't seem to have changed much

Offline canyoncarver

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • 'hacking is learning'
« Reply #4911 on: Aug 14, 2017, 23:26:56 »
--
YZF750/1000R The Fly
KZ 750 Twin
ZRX 1100
The Shovelhead springer chopper
A bunch of KZ's...some Suzukis', and a disassembled CB550
--

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #4912 on: Aug 14, 2017, 23:34:54 »
Photobucket still sideloads so much ad garbage that link fails pretty hard.
Yeah, it's unfortunate.  There's a small archive of his stuff.

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #4913 on: Aug 15, 2017, 01:04:26 »
Thanks for the feedback - I've got no particular problem with keeping this thread alive.  But in memory of Uncle Ernie, how about we all work on nixing the nudity.

Page through the album Irk was kind enough to share for inspiration.
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline Redbird

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Dolor est Magister Optimus
« Reply #4914 on: Aug 15, 2017, 11:16:28 »
There are lots of scantily clad, half naked women in that photobucket account-
True. But did you notice that they're posing on/with old motorcycles? Hence the theme of the thread ;)
The original name of this thread was "Girl on an Old Motorcycle". It was changed to "Uncle Ernie's..." as a tribute to him after he passed away, because he was a major contributor to the thread.

I like lookin at naked girls just as much as the next guy. And I am far from being a prude.
All I'm sayin is, keep the thread to it's original intent. If you want different content, start a different thread.
When you are Dead, you don't know that you are Dead. It is difficult only for Others.

It is the same when you are Stupid.

Offline MBS-HondaGuy4Life

• Long live the 750!!
« Reply #4915 on: Aug 15, 2017, 21:02:32 »
Figured it was only a matter of time before the liberal, politically correct, anti body shaming, feel good bullshit made its way into this forum.

Instead of messing with a successful thread, why don't you start a new one? Clearly there are a lot of people who read and contribute to this thread regularly. I assume it's well liked because of all the posts. If it offends someone, then don't contribute. As I said, start a new one.

The only thing I'm offended by in this thread is the bullshit that you just spewed. Figured it only be a matter of time before someone posted some dumb shit like your comments. Maybe you could have made your point without sounding like a total jackass.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Offline B541Niner

« Reply #4916 on: Aug 15, 2017, 22:17:44 »
You can add "holier than thou" to that list sbaugz...
Certified Zip Tie Mechanic

1987 ZG1000

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #4917 on: Aug 15, 2017, 23:50:58 »
Calm down guys.  I don't agree with Sbaugz, but I have met him and he's alright.  He just has a different opinion on this to the one I have.  Let's not get personal.

I happen to agree with Tim that we have drifted off subject and it would probably be more appropriate for many of us to get back to the original intent.

Offline CrabsAndCylinders

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Careful With That Axe Eugene
« Reply #4918 on: Aug 16, 2017, 00:11:30 »
I didn't know that there was an Uncle Ernie, can someone tell me something about him? 
Lighter, Quicker, Faster.
ZX-14, 900F x 2, 1100F, R100, CBR600, SR500, GT500, RZ350, KZ1000 x 2, Moto Guzzi Lemans lll, CBX550, RD 350, 750 SOHC police special, RG250, TL1000R, GT750, KTM Super Duke 1290 R, Harris/Z-1, Norton 750 Commando, Green 77 KZ650

Offline beachcomber

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • TJ - Beachcomber
« Reply #4919 on: Aug 16, 2017, 10:41:40 »
+1   ;)
"if at first you don't succeed, you've already been a failure once"

" we're not going back to the sixties - we never left "

"yep, nostalgia ain't what it used to be"

"I used to be indecisive - now I'm not so sure"