www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: Uncle Ernie's Inspirational Pics  (Read 1030306 times)

Offline Redbird

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Dolor est Magister Optimus
Re: Uncle Ernie's Inspirational Pics
« Reply #4920 on: Aug 16, 2017, 16:51:34 »
I don't know much about his personal life. He was one of the OG posters here. Passed away a couple of years after I joined.
Seemed to be a personable and knowledgeable kinda guy. I remember him having heart issues, and I believe that's what took his life.
He was a regular on ADVRider as well, and iirc, his passing was announced there first by people that knew him personally.
When you are Dead, you don't know that you are Dead. It is difficult only for Others.

It is the same when you are Stupid.

Offline CrabsAndCylinders

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Careful With That Axe Eugene
« Reply #4921 on: Aug 17, 2017, 02:16:14 »
Thanks, Red, it's nice to honour him with this.
Lighter, Quicker, Faster.
ZX-14, 900F x 2, 1100F, R100, CBR600, SR500, GT500, RZ350, KZ1000 x 2, Moto Guzzi Lemans lll, CBX550, RD 350, 750 SOHC police special, RG250, TL1000R, GT750, KTM Super Duke 1290 R, Harris/Z-1, Norton 750 Commando, Green 77 KZ650

Offline MotorbikeBruno

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Carb cleaning in MN
« Reply #4922 on: Aug 17, 2017, 12:40:25 »
Always seemed like a nice guy to me. He passed shortly after I joined the site I believe.  Here's a couple I think he would have liked.  Seemed that the vintage stuff was fun to search for in my opinion. Some really neat pieces were captured back in the day.
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2017, 12:43:04 by MotorbikeBruno »

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
« Reply #4923 on: Aug 17, 2017, 13:12:28 »
True. But did you notice that they're posing on/with old motorcycles? Hence the theme of the thread ;)
The original name of this thread was "Girl on an Old Motorcycle". It was changed to "Uncle Ernie's..." as a tribute to him after he passed away, because he was a major contributor to the thread.

I like lookin at naked girls just as much as the next guy. And I am far from being a prude.
All I'm sayin is, keep the thread to it's original intent. If you want different content, start a different thread.

I think that's what I was trying to get across. Majority of the pics in Ernie's bucket are vintage, more a historical 'where we came from' showing women on bikes isn't something new
 BTW, is there a build of that Yamaha tracker?
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2017, 13:15:30 by crazypj »
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
I gave my girlfriend an orgasm the other night, but, she spat it back at me
 Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry
 It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it  (Terry Pratchett)
CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Online Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #4924 on: Aug 17, 2017, 13:39:55 »
Uncle Ernie was member #95 on the site.  He joined within a few days of our launch Feb 2, 2007.

CycleWorld acknowledged his passing in the October 2011 edition, but I don't have access to it to share.  He was a major contributor on many forums, including ADVRider, CycleWorld, SOHC4 and of course here.
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline CrabsAndCylinders

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Careful With That Axe Eugene
« Reply #4925 on: Aug 17, 2017, 14:37:48 »
In the Original Spirit

Who of us has not had the sad frustration of a breakdown.
Lighter, Quicker, Faster.
ZX-14, 900F x 2, 1100F, R100, CBR600, SR500, GT500, RZ350, KZ1000 x 2, Moto Guzzi Lemans lll, CBX550, RD 350, 750 SOHC police special, RG250, TL1000R, GT750, KTM Super Duke 1290 R, Harris/Z-1, Norton 750 Commando, Green 77 KZ650

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #4926 on: Aug 17, 2017, 16:42:40 »
I may have posted this before.  It's Cindy Hahn racing her 240cc CB160/CL175 at Mid Ohio a few years ago.

« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2017, 00:49:35 by teazer »

Offline MotorbikeBruno

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Carb cleaning in MN
« Reply #4927 on: Aug 17, 2017, 17:52:58 »
I think that's what I was trying to get across. Majority of the pics in Ernie's bucket are vintage, more a historical 'where we came from' showing women on bikes isn't something new
 BTW, is there a build of that Yamaha tracker?
PJ, I saw it here: http://onedownfourupmotorcycles.tumblr.com/post/137094750376

Not sure exactly who she is. Says it's a DT250 in the tagline, I didn't dig too much further.

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #4928 on: Aug 17, 2017, 22:21:01 »
Always seemed like a nice guy to me. He passed shortly after I joined the site I believe.  Here's a couple I think he would have liked.  Seemed that the vintage stuff was fun to search for in my opinion. Some really neat pieces were captured back in the day.

The first one is the late DJ and "TV personality" Jimmie Savile taken in 1962 at Brands Hatch.  Wasn't he accused of inappropriate behavior before he passed?

Offline spotty

• Vmax...why,yes i think i will
    • spottys world of vmax (and great danes)
« Reply #4929 on: Aug 17, 2017, 22:31:56 »
The first one is the late DJ and "TV personality" Jimmie Savile taken in 1962 at Brands Hatch.  Wasn't he accused of inappropriate behavior before he passed?

if that is jimmy saville then that girl was relatively safe, he liked them a lot younger than that and wasn't overly fussy if they were girls or not for that matter, I don't think anyone's sad that he's rotting in the ground (and hell for that matter), he caused a lot of misery while he was alive (and not just the shit TV he made), because he was such a big star he was virtually immune from repercussions, complaints against him were met with indifference or fear tactics

there are (substantiated) stories of him and his mates going to orphanages to choose their çonquests' for the night and the kids being told never to tal;k of it as they would suffer the consequences and no-one would believe them anyway, after all jimmy was a friends of royalty and many powerful people, he'd never do anything like that

fucking creepy stinking paedophile scumbag
short fast loud, three things punk rock and vmaxs have in common

south of the border, down melbourne way