POST A PIC OF YOUR FIGHTER.....

VonYinzer said:
Build whatever the fuck puts a smile on your face. Call it wahtever the fuck you want. A great lookin bike is just a great looking bike... Argue style if it makes ya feel happy, but shit folks, cool is cool...

I agree with your sentiment, but you have to have "styles" of bikes or else everything gets homogenised. Even in this cafe forum, under the "big arse builds" there are cafes, chops and bobbers, and trackers. And there's cool bikes in every folder. Go figure ::)

Anyway, IMO you can NOT have a factory built fighter. It's a contradiction because the fighter is built in the cafe tradition of taking a fast factory sports bike and ripping all the cosmetic crap off it. It started in the UK (where cafe's started too...) where courier bikers either wrecked their GSXR's and ripped the plastics off them, or took the plastics off before being wrecked so they could use their bikes for work. Adding motocross bars was also done to make the bikes more useable for all day courier work. I don't care if Ducati have built a naked bike and called it a "streetfighter" - it isn't.... :mad:

So I've probably said too much, but that's a brief history lesson and some fundamental criteria for fighters - removed plastics and 'crosser / upright bars ;D

Mrfreeze5 that headlight looks awesome and ThompsonMX that swingarm in that gpz is fucking knarly. All sweet bikes

so is this a street fighter no fairing mx bars.

DSC_01813990.jpg

still working on mine.........

Before

100_0870-1.jpg

Currently

Bike006.jpg

I want to remove the entire tail piece and sell it, then go with a more "Cafe" style piece and then I want to add just a single round headlight to the front.

GSX550Guy said:
Bike006.jpg

I want to remove the entire tail piece and sell it, then go with a more "Cafe" style piece and then I want to add just a single round headlight to the front.

Wow - I like what you've done so far, but those SRAD tails are HUGE....:eek:

That's 600 Katana front and rear ends?? Is that the 550 swingarm? And headaches with lining up the chain??

IMO a newer gen R6 tail would look neat on this one (a LOT smaller than the SRAD ;))

I definately want to remove this tail!!

Katana front and rear wheels
Slingshot GSXR front end
550 rear swingarm with custom made spacers for the chain alignment and custom brake brace

I'm trying to get the guy at the local bike yard to take my SRAD seats and tail as a trade for a smaller tail piece...........we'll see.

Nice new bike ;)

Does it count? Do you mean as a streetfighter? Not if it's totally stock - it's a "nakedbike" ::)

I agree with Hillsy,

remove the turn signals, the badges/decals, and all fairings...........and I'll call it a streetfighter!

I would say ER6 can be very fighteresque, but in the end, who would call any 72hp bike streetfighter.

er6_75.jpg

efocht said:
Thanks for the help guys......I know the bars have to go they suck

Some more inspiration:
http://picasaweb.google.com/joshua.minix/Misc#5235851522117462514
turbo%20ER6i.jpg

New to this forum - but not new to Specials [ add your own name ]. 8)

Let's go back to basics - in the 60's the idea was to take a stock set of factory parts and build a bike to your own tastes - either through choice or neccessity.
No factory bike was [ is ] perfect as it left the factory, and let's face it -Hot Rodders were around a long time before restorers! ;)

So in the sixties you built your own. Because Norton was percieved as the best chassis and Triumph the best engine - the Triton was born. Some of us preferred the BSA chassis [ Gold Star] - maybe still with the Triumph engine - ergo Tribsas.

Then there came along the bikes born out of - well what was in the shed. Like the day my Cammy Inter Norton mashed it's valves ::)[ a week's wages ] - but I had a Constellation engine sat in the corner doing nothing........ an Enfield / Norton? Fancy something light and nimble - try a unit 350 / 500 Triumph engine in a Ducati chassis. or even an Enfield Crusader chassis.

That was the whole point of Cafe Racers - the styling could just as easilly have been Choppers or whatever - but we had flourishing Clubman's Racing in the UK, and that's what we wanted to emulate. Bizzarely - some of the road going Cafe Racers subsequently made it on the race tracks.

In MY book - a Cafe Racer / Streetfighter has to be built - not bought. 8) But hey, you have to start somewhere.

Joksa said:
I would say ER6 can be very fighteresque, but in the end, who would call any 72hp bike streetfighter.

er6_75.jpg

WOW.. that certainly doenst look like a piece of junk to me!!.. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom