Post a pic of your latest purchase

Picking up the winter project Saturday morning.
72d1b1d3190e0f951f8205d11d8b0ae6.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

CrabsAndCylinders said:
Ha ha! Do you have extensive plans for this one?

I've got a Dunstall half fairing sitting here waiting. Have to do something with the subframe/seat. I kind of like the tank.

Got my tool box a baby brother.
On sale for 99 bucks at hf at the moment. Not as nice as the red ones but it organizes all my electrical tools pretty well.

It looks so naked.

Attachments

• IMG_20170921_154622.jpg
    IMG_20170921_154622.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 179
Yep Mike, worth it at 99.

The red ones at HF are as good as any toolbox out there, matco snap-on etc. I've had them side by side and there is no real quality difference. The black ones feel a bit cheap but serve the purpose for sure, and for 99 bucks you can't go wrong

SONIC. said:
Yep Mike, worth it at 99.

The red ones at HF are as good as any toolbox out there, matco snap-on etc. I've had them side by side and there is no real quality difference. The black ones feel a bit cheap but serve the purpose for sure, and for 99 bucks you can't go wrong
I traded a box of 350T parts for a Cornwell roll around last year. I would have never paid retail on it, but that thing is nicer than my Kennedys, and Snap-On by a long shot.

See a lot of people using the HF boxes these days. Hell, if it holds your tools, it's working.

I've never really understood 10000 dollar toolboxes.
I need it to be made of thick enough steel, have nice drawer slides, and hold the weight of my tools. That's it. Why the fuck anyone would pay snap on, matco, Cornwell etc prices baffles me

SONIC. said:
I've never really understood 10000 dollar toolboxes.
I need it to be made of thick enough steel, have nice drawer slides, and hold the weight of my tools. That's it. Why the fuck anyone would pay snap on, matco, Cornwell etc prices baffles me
My Snap-On is vintage. Bought it at a yard sale. Chock full of 60's Snap-On tools, for $150. Guys widow was unloading all his goods.

Similar situation for me. I bought $1500 in snap on tools from a guy who needed the cash sadly to pay for cancer treatment. The best and worst $75 of my life. I offered him more but he was pissed I even tried.

I have a buddy who is a full-time heavy equipment mechanic. His service truck has a Harbor Freight tool box full of Snap-on tools. He views it the same way, it holds his tools so it serves its purpose. Makes more sense than going the other way, a Snap-On tool box full of Harbor Freight Tools LOL

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom